OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Yeah, I lived in Buena Park during that time and Angel stadium was easy to get in and out of, and I think cheap seats were only $4-$5.

The Angels had an older club, but interesting lineup.]

C - Boone
1B - Carew
2B - Grich
SS - Burleson
3B - DeCinces
LF - Downing
CF - Pettis
RF - Jackson
DH - Baylor

They weren't pretty to watch on defense, and Pettis was the only base stealing threat, but man that lineup could hit.

which Downing batting stance was your favorite? :laugh:

... and Angel stadium is still easy to get in and out of

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
MVP finalist(we'll see if he wins), Silver Slugger and Gold Glove for Bellinger on a fine season. Too bad he got shut down by the Nats.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I think it's time for a QB change. Obviously not thos year but in the future. I don't know if Goff is just having an offseason or just plainly getting exposed. I would go with the latter. His passes always seem to be prone to interceptions. His incomplete passes are scary. You often hear the announcer saying "ALMOST intercepted!"

Reactions: ru4reals

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I think it's time for a QB change. Obviously not thos year but in the future. I don't know if Goff is just having an offseason or just plainly getting exposed. I would go with the latter. His passes always seem to be prone to interceptions. His incomplete passes are scary. You often hear the announcer saying "ALMOST intercepted!"

Not going to happen. The Rams are committed to Goff with that contract.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

His success has a lot to do with how good Gurley was. Gurley is no longer the back that he once was. Now on his defense the Rams O Line is not as good as it once was and Goff under pressure is not good. But teams are figuring out McVey and to stop the Rams they must let Goff beat them which he has not been able to do when they need him. I'm not ready to quit on him yet but he has definitely been frustrating to watch this year.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Vikings playing some old time football on offense tonight. QB under center, I-formation, fullback leading the tailback through the hole. Thought those days were gone, but it's kind of nice to see.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Coming off a bye week, that was one ugly football game. 1/14 on 3rd downs, Kupp with ZERO catches and ZERO yards after putting up 200 plus yards in his last game. Just terrible pass protection all game. Pretty shody officiating too, especially with the PI calls/non calls. Still thought that was a forward pass and not a fumble.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Nobody has said anything here about the news that broke this week. So let me say this in this thread.

**** the Houston Astros.

The video where every time the catcher puts down an off speed pitch and the dugout starts banging the drum was all I needed to see. This is as bad as the Black Sox or Pete Rose and I think MLB is going to come down hard on the Astros, like unprecedentedly hard. I've seen the argument that every team does it but like the law you're allowed to speed in a car you're not allowed to get caught speeding in a car. The Astros have been caught and I expect either the coach banned from the game or an asterisk on the Astros championships.

Last edited:

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Nobody has said anything here about the news that broke this week. So let me say this in this thread.

**** the Houston Astros.

Everyone cheats these Aholes just got caught and hope they get the kitchen sink thrown at them. But they won't just a slap on the wrist.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2005
CA
I think Hinch is going to get the life time ban with the possibility of re-instatement. Now they have emails to scouts telling them to find a way to watch signs from center field.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Yeah, I don't think everyone cheats by using a camera and giving the signs to the dugout in real time. It's getting clear that MLB is going to need to ban electronic devices in the dugout and clubhouse. Then they are going to need to have someone on-site in each dugout to monitor the situation and ensure no one is cheating.

Part of the game is the art of stealing signs, and also protecting your signs. I don't care what a guy tells you about hitting, almost everyone is a guess hitter. In other words they are looking for a particular pitch almost every pitch.

Reactions: 21Dog

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
EJhb5G2W4AIpYLt

Columbia will be celebrating the 86th anniversary of their Rose Bowl win in January 2020.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The video where every time the catcher puts down an off speed pitch and the dugout starts banging the drum was all I needed to see. This is as bad as the Black Sox or Pete Rose and I think MLB is going to come down hard on the Astros, like unprecedentedly hard. I've seen the argument that every team does it but like the law you're allowed to speed in a car you're not allowed to get caught speeding in a car. The Astros have been caught and I expect either the coach banned from the game or an asterisk on the Astros championships.

The Patriots got caught taping walk through of games and look what happened to them? You will never convince me that they didn't tape the Rams walk through right before the Superbowl.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Speaking of the Rams Lamar Jackson is running circles around this debacle. Goff is no bueno. Their D is brutal can't stop anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad