OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
WTF are these horrendous jerseys the Pacers are wearing? Good lord...

*Okay I just realized those are the Hoosiers jerseys*

They still look like trash on an NBA court.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
You wanna feel old? A young guy I work with (he's a football fan) doesn't know the Warner Rams. :ha:

I did enjoy telling him of the Jim Everett pile driver he did to Jim Rome...
So, you know you're old if you know Roman Gabriel, Pat Haden, and Deiter Brock played for the Rams. Pictured below is Deiter Brock's best attribute when he played for the Rams.

dieterbrock.jpg

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Are you like Doncic biggest fan or something?

maybe i really am, at least around here. it is an epic matchup though, luka vs lebron, his idol. kid is the future. funny, after their first game luka asked lebron for his jersey and then waited outside the lakers locker room to get it, signed: "strive for greatness".

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The NFL should be ridiculed for this happening again. It's the rice situation all over again. This happened BEFORE the season started. TMZ got a hold of it and it's the only reason the NFL is taking action.
Well, there is this thing called due process which requires evidence, then you punish someone.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Alabama and Georgia toe-to-toe in the SEC championship game. Tough, physical game.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Provide a link to the evidence provided which should have seen Hunt waived prior to this video coming to light.

Why do I have to show you anything? It's not on me that you are naive enough to say the video was magically only available to them when it went public. Too bad theres not not another similar incident that they could have learned from...oh wait...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Why do I have to show you anything? It's not on me that you are naive enough to say the video was magically only available to them when it went public. Too bad theres not not another similar incident that they could have learned from...oh wait...
Did you even bother to read the article? The hotel would not give the video to the NFL.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Did you even bother to read the article? The hotel would not give the video to the NFL.

So you believe if they saw the video they would have released him sooner?

Further down in the article....

"The Chiefs still employ wide receiver Tyreek Hill, who in 2015 pled guilty to domestic assault and battery by strangulation of his pregnant girlfriend while he was in college. The Chiefs picked Hill in the fifth round in 2016, well aware of a police report in which Hill's then-girlfriend, Crystal Espinal, said (among other things) that Hill put her in a headlock and punched her in the stomach".

Now please sit here and tell me the team or the NFL gives 2 shits about what happened. It was made public, so they released him to avoid backlash, yet still employ a player who actually did something worse. I guess it's ok by NFL standards unless theres a video than can go viral.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
So, you know you're old if you know Roman Gabriel, Pat Haden, and Deiter Brock played for the Rams. Pictured below is Deiter Brock's best attribute when he played for the Rams.

dieterbrock.jpg

The Ram wasted all those years with Dickerson by signing cheap 3rd string CFA quarterbacks. Deiter Brock, hahaha!

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
So, it looks like Oklahoma or Ohio State will jump over Georgia into the #4 slot for the college football playoffs. Personally, I think Georgia is better than both those teams, but we have already seen Alabama beat Georgia so time for a new challenge for Alabama. I think it doesn't matter which one (Ohio State or Oklahoma) because either one gets thumped by Alabama.

Notre Dame vs Clemson in the other semi final game should be interesting. Georgia vs Texas in the Sugar Bowl, which is what is projected, should be a good one.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
So, it looks like Oklahoma or Ohio State will jump over Georgia into the #4 slot for the college football playoffs. Personally, I think Georgia is better than both those teams, but we have already seen Alabama beat Georgia so time for a new challenge for Alabama. I think it doesn't matter which one (Ohio State or Oklahoma) because either one gets thumped by Alabama.

Notre Dame vs Clemson in the other semi final game should be interesting. Georgia vs Texas in the Sugar Bowl, which is what is projected, should be a good one.

The only challenge for Alabama is Clemson and they'll meet again in the final.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Gurley with awesome game situation awareness. Rams up by 7 points, and 2:40 remaining in the game. Gurley breaks for a big run and going in for the TD, he starts running parallel to the goal line around the 2-yard line, goes down. Now the Lions are forced to use all of their timeouts or the Rams will run out the clock.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
These Rams continue to remind me of the Warner Rams.

I never thought I'd see anything like the greatest show on turf from the rams again. On paper, this team is even better. And they finally kept a good (if hurting) offense under 30 points, which is my chief complaint. Lots of defensive playmakers making huge plays at good times, but a general inability to slow other teams down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad