OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I'm willing to give him another chance. I think he has the ability to change his managing style and still lead the team to another winning season. It wasn't like Mattingly. I just couldn't give him any more chances despite his 3 straight division titles.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

TwrqrSL.jpg

Reactions: King Trouty

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Probably best for both not to commit to anything beyond that and see how 2019 goes.

As far as free agents go, Eovaldi is someone I hope they would target. Their hitting was inconsistent in the playoffs, but they really do need to address their pitching depth among starters and in the bullpen.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
The last major free agent the Dodgers signed was Greinke in 2012 and that was under GM Ned. Of course Friedman won't do ****.

Eh, Harper is not worth that. Hes a lot like machado, no hustle. The only position player I'd want them to offer that much money to would be trout.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Probably best for both not to commit to anything beyond that and see how 2019 goes.

As far as free agents go, Eovaldi is someone I hope they would target. Their hitting was inconsistent in the playoffs, but they really do need to address their pitching depth among starters and in the bullpen.

Agree 100 percent. It's the same lineup just swap out Seager for Machado. Eovaldi was never going to happen with farhan and his stats where he doesnt think high priced relievers are worth it. Hopefully the new GM thinks differently.

Imagine the brewers bullpen with this lineup...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I don't follow baseball too much anymore, but as a former catcher I was very impressed by Eovaldi's fastball and his command and control of his pitches. Good stamina as well. Coming into the middle of a game and pitching that many innings was impressive. Wouldn't give him too many years on a contract though due to his age and Tommy John surgery. Pitchers who have had that surgery are great for a time, but once they lose their stuff at all it's a quick decline.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Watching the Michigan State vs Ohio State game and Michigan State just put in their backup QB named Rocky Lombardi. You know this kid's dad had this in mind from day 1.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I don't follow baseball too much anymore, but as a former catcher I was very impressed by Eovaldi's fastball and his command and control of his pitches. Good stamina as well. Coming into the middle of a game and pitching that many innings was impressive. Wouldn't give him too many years on a contract though due to his age and Tommy John surgery. Pitchers who have had that surgery are great for a time, but once they lose their stuff at all it's a quick decline.

The Tommy John surgery has come so far most pitchers are saying their arms have never been as strong as with the cadaver ligament. Imagine getting a ligament from somebody that had never thrown a baseball in their lives where these pitchers have been throwing since little league. That's a lot of miles.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Tommy John surgery has come so far most pitchers are saying their arms have never been as strong as with the cadaver ligament. Imagine getting a ligament from somebody that had never thrown a baseball in their lives where these pitchers have been throwing since little league. That's a lot of miles.
The family of the person who donated the ligament should get a cut of these pitcher's salary.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The way things are starting to take shape it looks like the Rams are on a collision course with the Saints in the NFC Championship game, and in looks like it may be in New Orleans.

The Superdome is a tough place to play for a visiting team. If the Rams get to the Superbowl it will be well earned.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The way things are starting to take shape it looks like the Rams are on a collision course with the Saints in the NFC Championship game, and in looks like it may be in New Orleans.

The Superdome is a tough place to play for a visiting team. If the Rams get to the Superbowl it will be well earned.

HFA has never been more important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad