GDT: Other Games Around the League 2016-17 (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's a good goal IMO.

I wasn't rooting for Anaheim here, but this has gotten me to turn completely against the Oilers.

3 goal blown lead in less than 3 minutes. This was 3-0 before Anaheim started pulling their goalie and the Ducks get 3 straight.

Edmonton isn't that good, they really shouldn't win this series. Look how many multi goal leads they've blown. From game 1 of our series, to game 2 (I think it was?) of this series, which they won anyway. Then last game and now this game.

And they've been getting outplayed a whole lot. If they get past the Ducks, they're a quick out to Nashville. Even if St Louis made the comeback, I think they're out against them if they pull this one out. Even though I picked the Ducks in 6, I still thought Edmonton was a lot better than this.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
That's a good goal IMO.

I wasn't rooting for Anaheim here, but this has gotten me to turn completely against the Oilers.

3 goal blown lead in less than 3 minutes. This was 3-0 before Anaheim started pulling their goalie and the Ducks get 3 straight.

Edmonton isn't that good, they really shouldn't win this series. Look how many multi goal leads they've blown. From game 1 of our series, to game 2 (I think it was?) of this series, which they won anyway. Then last game and now this game.

And they've been getting outplayed a whole lot. If they get past the Ducks, they're a quick out to Nashville. Even if St Louis made the comeback, I think they're out against them if they pull this one out. Even though I picked the Ducks in 6, I still thought Edmonton was a lot better than this.

Edmonton is middling, but you have to hand it to the Ducks. A lot of teams would have already put the game behind with 5-10 minutes left in the third.

As impressive as it is, a championship-caliber team wouldn't have let it get there...and I realize I may be eating my words as the field is so weak this year, the Ducks might win the whole damn thing.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Edmonton is middling, but you have to hand it to the Ducks. A lot of teams would have already put the game behind with 5-10 minutes left in the third.

As impressive as it is, a championship-caliber team wouldn't have let it get there...and I realize I may be eating my words as the field is so weak this year, the Ducks might win the whole damn thing.

The Kings lost 6-1 and then 7-2 in San Jose and won the cup the same year

Everybody gets blown out sometimes.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015

Holy cow. I turned that game off with a few minutes left in the third thinking it was over.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
It was 3-0!

T-Mac knows all about blowing 3-0 leads. The Oilers are the most undisciplined and mentally fragile team in the playoffs. A healthy Sharks team would have probably beaten them and I'm surprised Anaheim has struggled this much with them. They were 3 minutes from going down 3-2 to this Oilers team. It seems like home ice and leads used to be huge advantages but nowadays they don't seem to mean much.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
T-Mac knows all about blowing 3-0 leads. The Oilers are the most undisciplined and mentally fragile team in the playoffs. A healthy Sharks team would have probably beaten them and I'm surprised Anaheim has struggled this much with them. They were 3 minutes from going down 3-2 to this Oilers team. It seems like home ice and leads used to be huge advantages but nowadays they don't seem to mean much.

Ducks haven't struggled outside of a couple isolated periods. Talbot has been amazing.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was rooting for Edmonton, even though I picked the Ducks to win in 6 and never really changed my stance on that, even after it was 2-0 Oilers after 2 games in Anaheim. The only time I felt like the Oilers were probably gonna win the series was when they jumped out to a 2-0 lead last game. Then they blew yet another multi goal lead and I fully expected them to blow another when it was 2-0 tonight. At 3-0 in the 3rd period, I did think they had this game in the bag. Even at 3-1, I thought they'd get out of here with a tonight. At 3-2, I could tell they were about to tie it. You could just feel it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This OT might be the best the Oilers have looked all game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Any icings after this break, Retread Randy had better use his timeout.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Man the lack of an actual powerhouse in the Western playoffs is pretty sad, just a bunch of average teams in the Semi-finals in the west. The Chicago teams of past would have murdered the Ducks and the Oilers, heck the Sharks from last year would have too

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Man the lack of an actual powerhouse in the Western playoffs is pretty sad, just a bunch of average teams in the Semi-finals in the west. The Chicago teams of past would have murdered the Ducks and the Oilers, heck the Sharks from last year would have too

Nashville is a lot better than last year's Nashville team that took those Sharks to 7

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
When T-Mac was hired by Edmonton, their fans had questions on this forum. I answered that T-Mac was a good coach, but had issues in the playoffs. Of course, the Edmonton fans said that playoff issues were a luxury and that they were just trying to make the show. Now, its come back to bite them.

That is not to suggest it is all on T-Mac. But his team utterly collapsed in this game and took the foot off the gas pedal. He has to bear some blame for that, especially with his history.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Brian Boucher just told Corey Perry he knew they had issues with game 7

Which reminds me...

The Ducks are now up 3-2...

With the potential game 7 at home...

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Brian Boucher just told Corey Perry he knew they had issues with game 7

Which reminds me...

The Ducks are now up 3-2...

With the potential game 7 at home...

... If they lose this AGAIN I'll have no words,

But this game was honestly the biggest choke I've seen in forever, this is even worse than the Toronto collapse and Boston had 10 mins, The Ducks scored their first goal with less than 4 mins left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland