GDT: Other Games Around the League 2016-17 (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Whoever the hell "Ben Harpur" is, he should be in the ECHL. Every shift he does something unbelievably dumb.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Rangers-Sens is one of the worst second round series I've ever seen. Neither of these teams should have even made the playoffs.

And Jesus, if this poorly constructed Rangers team that has no one even approaching an elite talent outside Lundqvist makes it to their 3rd conference final in 4 years that would be ridiculous.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Is this a jab against the Sharks?

Kind of? The Rangers are a pure counter-attack team. They are bad at possession, but as soon as they get it out of the zone, their forwards are off to the races. Breakaway city, really fast and skilled forwards. Sharks struggle against teams like that.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I actually don't have a horrible inferiority complex regarding Burns, so it doesn't particularly give me joy to see Karlsson struggle, but man has he been bad.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Next time I ask a Sens fan why Karlsson deserves the Norris over Burns and they respond with "watch a game" i'm gonna post highlights from game 3 the other night.

To be clear, I think Karlsson does deserve the Norris due to Burns' atrocious last 20 games, but I'm so sick of the narrative that Karlsson is so much better defensively. He doesn't play top comp (Phaneuf-Ceci do), and he's as prone to mistakes as anyone.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Man, does it feel like Nash always puts up a half ass attempt near the front of the net and gets stoned, especially in the playoffs?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
To be clear, I think Karlsson does deserve the Norris due to Burns' atrocious last 20 games, but I'm so sick of the narrative that Karlsson is so much better defensively. He doesn't play top comp (Phaneuf-Ceci do), and he's as prone to mistakes as anyone.
Yep. He's definitely getting better in his own end, but he's not nearly as good there as some lead on.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Annoyed by constant downplaying by Karlsson fans isn't an inferiority complex.

I had a feeling my post may be misinterpreted. I wasn't suggesting Sharks fans have that inferiority complex.

Machinehead, what do you think of that gutsy block by Dan Girardi?

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Next time I ask a Sens fan why Karlsson deserves the Norris over Burns and they respond with "watch a game" i'm gonna post highlights from game 3 the other night.

They will just point to his injury. When you have a narrative (especially when the narrative gets tied to ideology) you look for the facts to fit the argument.

Overall this has been a bad series. Being the best of the worst is what is going to win this series.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

Also, leading the league in blocked shots to me isn't a good thing. When Kris Russell did it everyone talked about how horrible he was, when Karlsson does it, it shows that he's improved defensively.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Also, leading the league in blocked shots to me isn't a good thing. When Kris Russell did it everyone talked about how horrible he was, when Karlsson does it, it shows that he's improved defensively.

He didn't lead but he has been pretty much the same for blocking shots for the past 3 or so years. So it also has nothing to do with defensive awareness which apparently just magically grew over the offseason like the sens fans want to say it means. If he was so good dedensively this year because of it then he was just as good the past 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad