Other Domestic Leagues 16/17

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I really, really think that Liverpool should make a play for Quincy Promes at the winter window. We're going to be missing Mané for a while and he's a guy that can bring a lot of the same things to the team and is quite prolific. Another goal today. Wasted at Spartak.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
He just signed a new lucrative deal. Unless Liverpool is going to pay his release clause fee (I think it's like €30m), he's not going anywhere

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Promes is a very good player. Misused in the NT and also set up to fail there with the terrible coaching we've had since the WC. The managers are inflexible, but Promes should be playing as a SS type player with the NT. We don't have the wide players with Robben out to have a really strong 4-3-3 so they should go with a 4-4-2, Promes and Janssen up top.

Finished the game 2 goals 1 assist in a 3 - 1 win.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Perhaps, yet I never was impressed with Promes to begin with. I think he's fast, decent skillset but has no end product.

Misused, meh. He gets a lot of free room up front and rarely makes anything happen. I agree he could be a nice addition to a mid to subtop team in the Premierleague, though. Can't see why anyone would play in Russia other than money..

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Perhaps, yet I never was impressed with Promes to begin with. I think he's fast, decent skillset but has no end product.

Misused, meh. He gets a lot of free room up front and rarely makes anything happen. I agree he could be a nice addition to a mid to subtop team in the Premierleague, though. Can't see why anyone would play in Russia other than money..

No Dutch player has been more productive than him since 2014/15 (36 goals and 18 assists in his last 62 starts). Hardly think that equates to no end product. There are some real difficulties with the NT right now and I think most players have looked worse than they normally do playing there at least over a long period. Promes is a talented young player and still has time to improve as well.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
No kidding.

They have a decent side. With Ajax and PSV stumbling, they could be serious contenders for the title. Curtinho's prediction looks pretty spot on right now, though Feyenoord will come down to earth eventually.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Why play in Russia : Women Great Cities Great History Great Music and Quality Competitive league.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Big game in Croatia between Rijeka and Dinamo, rumors is if Dinamo lose Kranjcar already gets the boot after two defeats. Though as usual in Croatia, Dinamo start off slow before eventually winning league by 10+ points

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo getting smoked 4:0, will fall to 3rd with this result :laugh: To be fair, if Lyon played at their highest level all 90 minutes they would have beaten Dinamo by 6-7 goals, Dinamo is the one team who before a CL campaign sell their best players and don't bother to sign anybody, but that's what you get when the club is used to embezzle funds :sarcasm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No kidding.

They have a decent side. With Ajax and PSV stumbling, they could be serious contenders for the title. Curtinho's prediction looks pretty spot on right now, though Feyenoord will come down to earth eventually.

I'm not so sure. Like I said before I like their mix of youth and experience. Jones by the way has been fantastic for them after a really rough time at Liverpool. My personal favourites are Kongolo, Vilhena and Jorgensen on their team but they have good contributors everywhere, strong leadership and a lot of motivation. It could be their year tbh.

Certainly if Ajax is still playing as they are come their match on the 23rd they will get battered.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Have to give credit to Bosz for taking a risk and moving Sinkgraven to leftback. He's been phenomenal there so far. MotM in his first game in the position and great again today. Nice to see his talent being put to use even if it's out of his natural position.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Estudiantes have had a amazing start to their league campaign. Not only do they have a perfect 4-0-0 record they have yet to concede a single goal. A lot of that is down to AHEM Asacacibar, who's played every single of those minutes. :handclap:

Also high flying Tomas Conechny is on the bench for San Lorenzo...he should make his debut.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spartak is currently leading the Russian league, if they qualify for the CL, I doubt they would let him go

To be fair I said the same thing last year. Promes shouldn't be playing in Russia; but at the same time maybe it's good for him. He gets to be the star of his team and develop a lot of confidence which is key for top players as well.

Either way he's been great.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo-Hajduk ends in a scoreless draw, Dinamo still third and six points behind Rijeka after 11 rounds (total of 36). Dinamo still play Rijeka three times and of course have another 9 free points from Lokomotiva, but far from over, but seems to be the first time in a while Dinamo's dominance could come into question

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Interesting in the context of the wide open starts to La Liga, Ligue 1, etc.

The Czech league has also been a lot more open than usual this year. Traditional frontrunners Sparta are in fourth after nine games, six points out of first, and their rivals for the top spot of recent years Plzen only just managed to finally nab top spot this past round. Liberec, who has been one of the more solid Czech sides in the Europa League, is way down at 13th (with a postponed game in hand), though they do tend to be all over the place.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Interesting in the context of the wide open starts to La Liga, Ligue 1, etc.

The Czech league has also been a lot more open than usual this year. Traditional frontrunners Sparta are in fourth after nine games, six points out of first, and their rivals for the top spot of recent years Plzen only just managed to finally nab top spot this past round. Liberec, who has been one of the more solid Czech sides in the Europa League, is way down at 13th (with a postponed game in hand), though they do tend to be all over the place.
Sparta will be amazing once they play Dao.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Spartak is currently leading the Russian league, if they qualify for the CL, I doubt they would let him go

Pleasantly surprised by Spartak. Lokomotiv is stinking things up, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad