Jul 1, 2008
Zenit lost 2-1 today to Lyon

They haven't won since Lucescu has been hired

Srna is back with Shakhtar after the Euros

CSKA extended Ignashevich's contract

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
First match of the UPL season just finished.

Shakhtar beat Zirka 4-1

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
He's been by far the best player in the Belgian league in 2016

Everyone in Bruges is kinda scared some big money team will buy him right before the deadline if he keeps this up :D

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I noticed Rubin spending a lot of money this summer, in fact I think more than any of the RPL sides combined

A little late but in the Croatian league already two managers sacked after the first week (well one of them resigned after 20+ games without a win) :laugh:

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
A Bosnian linesman was banned 18 matches for repeated mistakes during a match this weekend.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Well according to FIFA/UEFA that would mean a ban for them and expulsion from World Cup qualifying, they don't want government interference in football. When Croatian government tried to get rid of some officials in the FA, UEFA/FIFA threatened them with expulsion from (at that time) the 2014 World Cup...let's see if they are consistent

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Well according to FIFA/UEFA that would mean a ban for them and expulsion from World Cup qualifying, they don't want government interference in football. When Croatian government tried to get rid of some officials in the FA, UEFA/FIFA threatened them with expulsion from (at that time) the 2014 World Cup...let's see if they are consistent

Yeah, I think they would be consistent. Surely, Erdogan and co must have known that before they made the decision. Maybe it's somehow more valuable to him to have supporters of his regime in football than to miss the World Cup. I don't get it personally.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Zenit has started off the league campaign with two 0-0 draws, this time against lowly FC Ufa

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Caught up on some Dutch football today. Feyenoord looked good. They have a really nice squad this season and will be challenging for the title. I don't think there'll be any other real dark horse. Ajax look a bit disjointed still but have the individual quality advantage over most teams. I think they'll finish behind PSV and Feyenoord.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ajax will not end up lower than Feyenoord in the standings. That hasn't happened in over 16 seasons. Both teams have pretty much remained the same as well.

It will probably go between PSV and Ajax, while Feyenoord should finish third.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Watching them both Ajax is a step behind Feyenoord on the field right now and if they insist on playing that lifeless Klaassen-Gudelj-Bazoer midfield I can see them dropping points they shouldn't because of a lack of creativity.

We'll see.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
The season is like one game old. You can't base much of anything in such a small window.

That said, Ajax is still trying to invest most of that Milik sum into some reinforcements, while PSV seems done and Feyenoord doesn't have any funds left. Probably a must if they want to do anything in Europe, but not so much for the Eredivisie. They have one of the strongest generations knocking on the door right now, with Nouri, van de Beek, Cerny, Dolberg and I am inclined to give them more minutes. Unless they somehow get Ziyech, ofcourse.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well it's mostly just a feeling from watching the pre-season and opening week, and their squads.

That said I'm thinking a big season is coming from Sinkgraven if they let him play regularly. Hopefully Bosz gives the younger players more chances and a bit more freedom. FdB was so strict and stale -- I really feel like he was stunting some development.

Also I'm not usually a fan of blue kits but I really like the Ajax away this season.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I like Sinkgraven as well, but I think he's too much of a light weight. He also got stuck behind a lot of depth last season, halting his progression.

Disagree about De Boer. He gives a lot of talent a fair chance. If you're good, you will play.

I prefer the black away kits myself. I own the blue away jersey, too. Will be sporting that one in de ArenA vs Rostov next week.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Saw that former hot prospect Djamel Bakar (at least Evilo thought highly of him back in the day) has joined Charleroi in Belgium.

As they already have another once promising player in Sotiris Ninis, must catch a game of theirs. maybe in a month's time when they'll face Anderlecht.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So PSV had 37 shots and 74% possession and the score finished 0-0. How very FMesque.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->