OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I've haven't seen many coaches like VJ put their team at such a disadvantage with brain dead calls and time mismanagement. he is a horrible coach

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Playing for a 50+ yard FG instead of trying to get more yards to make it easier on McManus :laugh:

Reactions: 5280

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I hate to even say it but it seemed like a "quality loss" (if that's even a term?) that will keep his job.

If they don't can him here, it's probably not going to happen until the end of the year. They've got 3-4 winnable games left (one of the Chargers games, Browns at home, At Cincy, At San Fran). Knowing how this team bombs it they'll probably only win 2 of those - but if it's sporadic enough it will probably save him until the end of the year.

I'm guessing they'll probably make a run at the Stanford coach. It won't be anyone powerful or special enough though to undermine John Elway's prestige.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
So at what point is he considered the worst coach in franchise history? I know the hate is real for McDaniels, but man. Seems like Vance costs games all on his own to an extent I'm not sure I've ever seen before.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So at what point is he considered the worst coach in franchise history? I know the hate is real for McDaniels, but man. Seems like Vance costs games all on his own to an extent I'm not sure I've ever seen before.

I think he is already. McDouche was easily the easiest to hate, and was clearly a bad head coach but I think Joseph is so utterly out of his depth right now, making terrible decision after terrible decision. Also, the players didn't seem this ready to revolt under McD. Chris Harris is talking like he's so completely frustrated right now.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah Wolfe and Harris both sound like they’re about done with VJ. And then there was the Talib quit last year in the KC game. He just doesn’t seem to really have any support in that locker room.

McD was just a complete jerk. I think he’s actually good at Xs and Os but his people skills are horrific. Thinks he is BB without the success of BB.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's a shame too because I really think Vance Joseph is a genuinely good guy and very likeable. McDouche was an arrogant jerk from the get-go. I would love to say he's still the worst coach the Broncos have ever had but I can't. I will say he was probably the worst GM the Broncos have ever had, but in his defense (which I am loathe to do), he didn't want that job, reportedly Ellis and Bowlen did.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It's a shame too because I really think Vance Joseph is a genuinely good guy and very likeable. McDouche was an arrogant jerk from the get-go. I would love to say he's still the worst coach the Broncos have ever had but I can't. I will say he was probably the worst GM the Broncos have ever had, but in his defense (which I am loathe to do), he didn't want that job, reportedly Ellis and Bowlen did.
Like hell he didn't.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
No question VJ is miles worse than McD ever was. At least McD didn't single handedly cost us games with his bad decisions. Honestly the coaching part for McD wasn't all that bad, he just couldn't make personnel/ GM decisions to save his life.

He was so errogant that he thought his system was so good it didn't matter if you had talent or not. So he got rid of talented guys he didn't like and put in plugs and of course it backfired.

VJ on the other hand doesn't even know what planet he is on. All he knows is to tell everyone we had a good week of practice and that he'll have to review the tape. It's beyond pathetic.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
No question VJ is miles worse than McD ever was. At least McD didn't single handedly cost us games with his bad decisions. Honestly the coaching part for McD wasn't all that bad, he just couldn't make personnel/ GM decisions to save his life.

He was so errogant that he thought his system was so good it didn't matter if you had talent or not. So he got rid of talented guys he didn't like and put in plugs and of course it backfired.

VJ on the other hand doesn't even know what planet he is on. All he knows is to tell everyone we had a good week of practice and that he'll have to review the tape. It's beyond pathetic.
I agree VJ has to be fired but the Broncos aren't going anywhere without a QB . Somehow they have to get one , either through free agency or the draft .

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Apparently John Harbaugh will be canned after this season if the Ravens miss the playoffs. Would he be good coach for the Broncos? Kubiak was his assistant coach for two seasons so Broncos would know what they are getting if they sign Harbaugh.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Floyd Mayweather gonna fight in Rizin.

Fighters from other sports just line up to give Floyd easy wins and massive paydays. Except instead of fighting a much bigger man like he did with McGregor, Floyd is fighting a much smaller man. Even if they allow kicks in this fight, which they haven't said they will or won't, Floyd is going to win easily.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I wouldn’t mind John Harbaugh here, as long as it was not Jim!

VJ has never had any success in any level of coaching so I dunno why the Broncos ever thought he’d have some here.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Elway gave VJ a vote of confidence on the Broncos station this am.

Ugh.

I’d give home a vote of confidence if he wanted to go coach pop warner. That’s about it though, I don’t even think he’d be that great of a college coach.

This is probably like the Lynch situation, where Elways ego has to keep them around so it doesn’t look like he f***ed up.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well...then they're just tanking it. No other way to explain it. But he's running the risk of further alienating players by keeping a coach who's clearly lost the room like this. I feel kinda bad for VJ at this point...he knows what's coming, and would at this point probably just wants out himself.

I can still remember when Gene Littles was fired as interim Nuggets head coach in what had to be the most miserable season I can remember as a Nuggets fan (yes, far worse than the Bristow/Hanzlik disaster). Never seen a guy so happy to be fired in my life, my dad was laughing at how cheerful he was in the press conference.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Looks like it's time to move on from Elway too. Getting rid of Wade, questionable draft picks and failing to get rid of Joseph is just too much. I doubt Ellis will do this, but he definitely should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad