OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
That was the best game of football I've watched in a long, long time. I may have to swear off the NFL for the rest of the season just to live in this high forever.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That was the best game of football I've watched in a long, long time. I may have to swear off the NFL for the rest of the season just to live in this high forever.

I hope that’s the Super Bowl. I could watch those teams play forever. Just awesome uptempo football.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Anyone think Malone is the next Colorado based coach to get the boot? Nuggets are playing super bad.

Also, hoping for a New Oreleans vs KC Super Bowl.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
CU fired MacIntyre, not a surprise there.

Hoping CU hires Jimmy Lake

Just curious what you like about Lake. I don't know much about him.

Do you think the incoming coach will be a D guy or O?

I'm kind of intrigued about Wells from Utah State; would be excited to see him get hired. I also am curious if Bieniemy would take the CU job or if that ship has sailed. With how prolific the KC offense looks this year, I'm kind of curious how much attention Eric B will get around the league. On one hand KC has looked just awesome, but on the other hand Andy Reid calls most of the plays and I'm always just scratching my head on how much influence Bieniemy actually has on their success. Maybe he'd jump back into college for a HC gig at his alma matter, or maybe Andy Reid has taken Bieniemy under his wing and is grooming him. I dunno if CU is a step down for Eric at this point......

Under any scenario I don't think Chiaverini keeps his job as OC unfortunately.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

I'm kind of intrigued about Wells from Utah State; would be excited to see him get hired. I also am curious if Bieniemy would take the CU job or if that ship has sailed. With how prolific the KC offense looks this year, I'm kind of curious how much attention Eric B will get around the league. On one hand KC has looked just awesome, but on the other hand Andy Reid calls most of the plays and I'm always just scratching my head on how much influence Bieniemy actually has on their success. Maybe he'd jump back into college for a HC gig at his alma matter, or maybe Andy Reid has taken Bieniemy under his wing and is grooming him. I dunno if CU is a step down for Eric at this point......

They were talking up Bienemy last night on MNF. They made me feel like he was going to land a pro gig sometime soon.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

Elite recruiter and shown to develop talent. He was given play calling duties and Washington’s defense didn’t miss a beat. He’s been successful every where he’s been, and is a rising star nationally, as bunch of teams tried to hire him. If RG is looking for a coordinator, Lake should be at the top of his list since he’s the best coordinator for the best team in the conference.

I saw people are linking with Holgorsen too, and I think he would listen in coming to CU, and if he’s interested, he would be my #1 choice.

After Bieniemy’s OC stint here couple years ago and all the stories from it, no thanks. I wish him well if he gets a NFL job.

As much as I love Chev as a recruiter, the offense sucks and he’s a main culprit. I wouldn’t shed a tear if no one on the staff was kept by the new staff.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I saw people are linking with Holgorsen too, and I think he would listen in coming to CU, and if he’s interested, he would be my #1 choice.

After Bieniemy’s OC stint here couple years ago and all the stories from it, no thanks. I wish him well if he gets a NFL job.

What happened with Bieniemy here? Now you got me curious

I heard Holgorsen too and I thought that would be a good hire as well. The Boise coach was also thrown out there and that's a big "no thank you" from me.

I'm hoping CU takes some swift action on hiring though in the offseason before other schools start axing guys. I could see FSU dumping their HC and going after Holgorsen in particular. Also saw CU's former DC as a candidate for the gig. Although he's old I wouldn't mind bringing him back, but they probably need someone who is somewhat young and going to stick through a transition.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Eric Bienemy is a egomaniacal jerk. Now mind you, a lot of coaches are, but if you're gonna be like that you'd better be damned good. I don't think he's good enough to justify it, I don't care how fast up the NFL ranks he's climbing.

I remember interviewing Marcus Houston for the CU-Denver newspaper many years ago, one of the nicest kids I've ever met. I also interviewed Craig Ochs, also a nice kid. The falling out those two had with Bienemy and Barnett (who's an even bigger jerk) always soured me on that regime. Bienemy's always been kind of a headcase both at CU and in the NFL as well.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Huh thats interesting. Was never really a big Bieniemy fan to be honest. I was more of a Darian Hagan guy - would upset me if he was a total jerk too but I wouldn’t exactly be shocked.

I do hope we can get back to some awesome college football someday in Colorado. Honestly I don’t care if it’s CSU or CU but not having any relevancy at all in college football for both teams kinda sucks.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Matt Wells should be the top name on the list... but Neal Brown should be another name that is brought up for CU.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Matt Wells should be the top name on the list... but Neal Brown should be another name that is brought up for CU.

Yeah Wells is the #1 on my list...probably Holgorsen #2 but I doubt they'll get him...I think he stays in the East.

I do not want Tedford and I really don't want the Boise coach either.

Too bad we couldn't have snapped up Les Miles. I think that would have been interesting for sure. Hell, Les is wild enough that he may just ditch the KU job and still come to CU...No telling with that guy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah Wells is the #1 on my list...probably Holgorsen #2 but I doubt they'll get him...I think he stays in the East.

I do not want Tedford and I really don't want the Boise coach either.

Too bad we couldn't have snapped up Les Miles. I think that would have been interesting for sure. Hell, Les is wild enough that he may just ditch the KU job and still come to CU...No telling with that guy.

Holgorsen is a pipe dream IMO. Harsin would likely be the best recruiter and probably has the best coaching staff connections. But getting out of Boise will cost 3m per. I can’t see Miles fitting culturally.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Pass on Wells, would rather hire David Yost as the OC than getting Wells

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Pass on Wells, would rather hire David Yost as the OC than getting Wells

You mean Harry Dunne?

4b_Yost_David_Assistant_.jpg

557ba1301ebdf.image.jpg

Matt Wells is a very underrated coach... whatever school plucks him from Utah State will be very happy.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
You mean Harry Dunne?

Matt Wells is a very underrated coach... whatever school plucks him from Utah State will be very happy.
He's a perfect fit in Boulder, just look at him :naughty:

I don't know, majority of the G5 coaches doesn't excite much outside Seth Litrell. Maybe it's because I'm so damn intrigued by Jimmy Lake.

All I know is what it's all said and done, CU will probably have someone like Helfrich as the HC because CU makes dumb ass decisions.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He's a perfect fit in Boulder, just look at him :naughty:

I don't know, majority of the G5 coaches doesn't excite much outside Seth Litrell. Maybe it's because I'm so damn intrigued by Jimmy Lake.

All I know is what it's all said and done, CU will probably have someone like Helfrich as the HC because CU makes dumb ass decisions.

More like cheap decisions, much like CSU who couldn't fire Bobo the Clown because they simply couldn't afford to.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Lake isn't nearly the coach that he is portrayed to be... He has made Washington's defense worse and his tweaks to their scheme that Kwiatkowski (and Wilcox) created have been largely unsuccessful. I just don't get the huge appeal in Lake. He screams crash and burn to me... decent connections for a staff though.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Lake isn't nearly the coach that he is portrayed to be... He has made Washington's defense worse and his tweaks to their scheme that Kwiatkowski (and Wilcox) created have been largely unsuccessful. I just don't get the huge appeal in Lake. He screams crash and burn to me... decent connections for a staff though.
Washington has been a top 10 defense (using S&P+) for the past couple of years, he didn't really make it worse. Maybe taken a step back this year but it's still top 10. Their strengths are the DBs, the position Lake coaches. Obviously, the downside to Lake is the inexperience he has as a coordinator. I'm willing to take a chance on him, because I think he's gonna be a star.

Kwiatkowski is great too, that Washington defense is one of the best tackling teams in the nation.

More like cheap decisions, much like CSU who couldn't fire Bobo the Clown because they simply couldn't afford to.

I feel like CSU and Bobo will come to a settlement because of his health and CSU have a new head coach next year.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Washington has been a top 10 defense (using S&P+) for the past couple of years, he didn't really make it worse. Maybe taken a step back this year but it's still top 10. Their strengths are the DBs, the position Lake coaches. Obviously, the downside to Lake is the inexperience he has as a coordinator. I'm willing to take a chance on him, because I think he's gonna be a star.

Kwiatkowski is great too, that Washington defense is one of the best tackling teams in the nation.

If you go back through the history of that staff, DB was a strength far before Lake ever arrived with there Petersen staff. To me, Kwiatkowski is the better coach IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad