OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
My guy, Christian Hackenberg is available. Only 23!

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
My guy, Christian Hackenberg is available. Only 23!

I dunno whats worse - bringing in Hackenberg to hit semi's passing along Mile High on I-25, or bringing in Nathan Peterman to give our 2nd and 3rd team defenses practice on how to return interceptions proficiently.

either? :dunno:

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I can't wait for Deontay Wilder to do this to Tyson Fury tomorrow night:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

C0z3.gif

C0yr.gif

7duu.gif

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Kareem Hunt, what a dumb asshole.

I would kill to be able to play a sport for a living, making millions of dollars, and yet people still do stupid **** like this. Idiot.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Kareem Hunt, what a dumb *******.

I would kill to be able to play a sport for a living, making millions of dollars, and yet people still do stupid **** like this. Idiot.
It's bad, but I don't think it's horrible. The way it's talked about you'd think it was a Ray Rice situation.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
It's bad, but I don't think it's horrible. The way it's talked about you'd think it was a Ray Rice situation.

The video is bad enough, but also doing that to your teammates as well is ****** up. You have a chance to go to the Super Bowl, and you **** it all up by being a moron.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It just depends on what actually happened. The physical stuff wasn't outrageous, not good but not on the level of Ray Rice. But if it's found out that they were propositioning her for sex and she said no and then that's when they get mad, thats bad.

Either way this is a really bad blemish for the NFL, they've known about this since February and didn't do a thing until TMZ releases a video in December. Were they trying to push this under the rug, and buy this girl out because this was a star player? This guy shouldn't have played a down this year, and now the Cheifs and the NFL are trying to backtrack and save face by saying he lied to them about the severity. BS they knew and were hoping this was going to go away.

Reactions: cgf

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It’s just interesting to me that within 48 hours of each other, one repeat known domestic abuser gets claimed by a team while Hunt gets released. Meanwhile we hear again and again about how great Tyreek Hill is and how he’s moved on from (if I recall correctly) punching his pregnant GF years back.

I’m not standing up for Hunt here - he very well should have been released. But there’s pretty much zero consistency in how the NFL approached these problem guys. What always burns me though more than anything is that there’s 1,000s of people trying to make it into the NFL. Guys like Phillip Lindsey can’t get drafted but the league brings in garbage characters without blinking and give them chance after chance.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets attendance last year: 17,141
Nuggets attendance this year: 18,047
Avalanche attendance last year: 15,586
Avalanche attendance this year: 17,297

Turns out winning makes more people show up. Who would have thought?

Hopefully the Mammoth see a similar rebound after some super unlucky scheduling last season (early season start, weekday games, head to head with other local teams).

Mammoth attendance last season: 14,022

Mammoth open up on December 22 this year.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
CU x CSU next year will be battle of former UGA coordinators.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
well the guy has been a DC in the NFL for some pretty tremendous defenses -

2008: Cleveland Browns (defensive coordinator)
2009-12: Jacksonville Jaguars (defensive coordinator)
2013-14: Chicago Bears (defensive coordinator)

I guess they had to go to this guy when their first selection as a defensive genius - Vance Joseph - was not available.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
well the guy has been a DC in the NFL for some pretty tremendous defenses -

2008: Cleveland Browns (defensive coordinator)
2009-12: Jacksonville Jaguars (defensive coordinator)
2013-14: Chicago Bears (defensive coordinator)

I guess they had to go to this guy when their first selection as a defensive genius - Vance Joseph - was not available.
Lol

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
UCF goes undefeated two straight years and finishes #7 in the polls.

College football is stupid and broken.

But hey, 3 Mountain West schools finished the season ranked.

Reactions: Pokecheque

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I really don't understand why UCF can win 26 straight games and not even get a chance to play in the CFP. The system definitely seems broken.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
UCF goes undefeated two straight years and finishes #7 in the polls.

College football is stupid and broken.

But hey, 3 Mountain West schools finished the season ranked.
While I agree that the playoff selection system is broken, UCF is not worthy of a top 4 selection. In their run their best win was last year again Auburn, who was completely unmotivated due to being left out if the top 4 last season.

Other than that, they've beaten Memphis 3 times, Cinny a couple and that's really the only notable teams.

And for arguments sake who's spot so you think they should have? Alabama, Clemson and ND, all undefeated as well with much harder schedules. So that leaves Oklahoma and Ohio St. Oklahoma has multiple wins over ranked opponents, only loss by 3 pts to highly ranked Texas which they avenged in the title game. Ohio St multiple wins against ranked teams, the thing that hurts their chances is a bad loss to Purdue.

It's the same story every year for smaller conference schools. They just don't play anyone. You give Alabama UCFs schedule and they'd look like the greatest team ever assembled. Where if you give UCF Bamas schedule they are 3+ loss team.

I wish there was a feasible way to accommodate the smaller conference schools but their really isn't unless your expand the playoffs to a bigger number like 8 or even 16. Then throw in to of that the NCAA is still a business and bottom line is making money, small schools aren't making the playoff with it being 4 teams, they can't generate the money necessary. It's sad but true.

Reactions: McMetal

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Last season UCF beat the only team that beat Alabama.

To me that says they at least deserved a shot to prove it.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Last season UCF beat the only team that beat Alabama.

To me that says they at least deserved a shot to prove it.
Anyone who watched that game could tell you Auburn didn't give a shit since they were butthurt about missing the final 4, and UCF played the game if their lives.

Make UCF play Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, LSU in one season, they go maybe 1-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad