OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Per ESPN on the NBA Trade Deadline -

• All is quiet in Denver. The Nuggets have two sizable trade exceptions, and can take on $5 to $7 million without bumping back into the tax. They are open for business for smaller salary dumps if it helps two other teams make a deal, sources say.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Fangio gets assistant coach of the year award

At least this guys got some actual credentials coming into the HC position.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I believe only one player in the Nuggets’ rotation was a lottery pick. That’s pretty damn impressive scouting and player development.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It’s been repeated Atwater had a better resume, not to say Law didn’t have an impressive one himself.

There’s also the fact that for some reason safeties have a harder time getting in than corners.

I mean, corner is a premium position on D, competition is far tougher and counting All Pro selections having that in mind means Law being selected less times carries little if any deciding factor when selecting between the two of them.

I like Atwater and I respect the hell out of the way he played the game, but to me having a shutdown corner is far more important than having an elite SS or FS.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I believe only one player in the Nuggets’ rotation was a lottery pick. That’s pretty damn impressive scouting and player development.
They are doing great, love to watch them play, but sadly in the world of NBA it is tough to compete for a Championship without at least two superstars, Demver has one, hopefully they somehow land a 2nd one.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I mean, corner is a premium position on D, competition is far tougher and counting All Pro selections having that in mind means Law being selected less times carries little if any deciding factor when selecting between the two of them.

I like Atwater and I respect the hell out of the way he played the game, but to me having a shutdown corner is far more important than having an elite SS or FS.

My opinion without diving hard into the facts, but historically (up to about 10 years ago) it just seems like CB's have always been inducted based on their INT numbers. There really weren't advanced stats like today where you could actually measure a WR's success against corners. The guys who played corner and tricked QB's into throws seemed to be placed at a premium vs. a guy who actually blanketed the wide out. I think that's why some guys like Louis Wright don't get any respect. In all honestly I think Louis Wright is a better DB than Atwater but he played a pretty quiet game - no highlights and all that jazz.

And just based on my perception it always seemed like CB's got more picks than your typical safeties, so it's really hard to peg down statistically what a safety has done historically. It's a conondrum though that they need to figure out, because it seems like it's the most undervalued position when it comes to getting into the hall. Safety just seems like a position that's a place where guys go who can't cut it at CB...but I think it's an important game changer of a position in some defenses.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yupp and I got tix. Can't wait. Especially after Englands win yesterday.
That game was absolutely amazing, they say that Ireland has the best defence in the world....well England was a unified fortress yesterday. They rarely broke down and that is even with Sexton developing into one of the best players in the world (as we all saw last year).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So, that guy won again. I saw the last 40 seconds... Does this mean I can celebrate like I'm a patriots fan and love the sport of... wait what's this called again?

Reactions: S E P H

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Well I think I'm about done with the NFL. They gifted Brady another one. Had the NFL gotten it right, Brees works that team.

But instead we get to watch arguably one of the worst games I've ever seen where neither team deserved to win.

Two bad calls in the game both in favor of the Pats, not shocked.

The product of this league has just gone to utter shit. It's not a fun league to even watch, the outcomes look predetermined, the new players coming into the league look terrible and under prepared. When a 40+ year old easily wins the big game with a 71 passer rating you know you have a f***ing problem.

Reactions: The Merchant

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
lmao imagine going through 17 weeks of professional games to end up with that display as the pinnacle. Just another reminder as to why hockey produces the greatest championship in sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce