Other Chicago Sports LXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I really am happy for the Nationals. That’s awesome for them. However, I feel like that really opened the door for the Cardinals to go to the World Series.

Oh well... the AL team will probably win it anyway.
Strasburg, Scherzer, and Corbin give them a chance. They can even go to Sanchez with confidence.

Remember, the Nationals had a better record than the Cardinals this year.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Root for the Astros. They're the best bet against a Cards/Yankees deluge of insufferability.

AL champ's going to win it anyway.

I want an upset dammit lol. I actually like the Nats chances against the Cards (not that I particularly mind seeing the Cards win anyway as a Sox fan) moreso than the Rays chances against the Yanks. But the Rays have arguably the best analytical system top to bottom in baseball. You just never know.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
It would be funny if the Nats won the World Series the year Harper leaves. But I'm probably rooting for the Cardinals to win it all at this point. Touch matchup though, as Washington has been white hot.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
As a Sox fan, the one thing that turns me off from the Cardinals is that their fans are also Blues fans. Really well run organization though and I'll be pulling for them if the play the Yankees.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Most Sox fans couldn't care less about the Cardinals.

The only team I actually care about winning the WS now is the Yankees. Can't stand the Yankees. It can be anyone else, and I won't care in the least.

Right. I understand that. But there's a difference between not caring less and actively rooting for them. It's not going to happen, but I would love to see a Nationals-Rays match-up. How wild would that be?

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
So then why do you think the Cardinals have a better shot to beat the Nats than Dodgers?

Did you say that or am I confusing you with another poster?

That was me. I just think the Dodgers are a better team, though I do like the pitching for the Nationals.

Also, I think it helps that the Dodgers have been through this before. I honestly could see a situation similar to the 2015 Cubs, where the Nationals kind of lay an egg in this series after such an emotional series win against the Dodgers.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
But I'm probably rooting for the Cardinals to win it all at this point.

uTG.gif

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Most Sox fans couldn't care less about the Cardinals.

The only team I actually care about winning the WS now is the Yankees. Can't stand the Yankees. It can be anyone else, and I won't care in the least.
Actually, a lot of Sox fans enjoy the Cardinals winning just a little bit because of the Troll Factor. There's a group of Sox fans that like to see Cub fans miserable.

I actually agree with the Cardinals/Blues stuff, but trolling Cubs fans takes the cake. I can put it aside for a month in October just to ruffle feathers.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Actually, a lot of Sox fans enjoy the Cardinals winning just a little bit because of the Troll Factor. There's a group of Sox fans that like to see Cub fans miserable.

I actually agree with the Cardinals/Blues stuff, but trolling Cubs fans takes the cake. I can put it aside for a month in October just to ruffle feathers.
The Cardinals are exactly the team that Sox fans from like Mount Greenwood want the Sox to be. Grindy, quiet, lots of white dudes, and cheap, but still spend enough to make it work.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Friends don't let friends root for St. Louiers to be happy.

The equivalent would be Cubs fans rooting for the Tigers. I get it, I actually kind of like them even, but rubbing Sox fans' noses in the success of a Detroit team is a bridge too far for me.

Save the schadenfreude rooting for Cincy/Milwaukee/Pitt and Minny/KC/Cleveland. Hate the crap pizza towns.

Last edited:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

Classic Sox fan mentality right there.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I think the Bulls will surprise this year. They shoot much better, pass the ball, and try on defense. I need to see more ... but the first 2 preseason shows a vastly improved team. Disregard the results. The Bulls were experimenting with their rotations and pplayd their scrubs in the 4Q. The rotation players DESTROYED the Pelicans last night. The Bulls had too much fire power.

Felicio is the human tank machine. Any team looking for high draft picks should trade for Felicio. His WAR is -20.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

It's petty, and ridiculous, IMO. I don't cheer against the Cubs unless the Sox are playing the Cubs. I don't ever cheer for a rival of the Cubs, just because they're the Cubs. None of that petty nonsense makes sense to me. It's still a Chicago team, and cheering for another city over the Cubs, just because they're the Cubs, is not gonna happen, at least for this Sox fan.

I wouldn't say "a lot of Sox fans enjoy the Cardinals winning" I would just say it's the petty, immature portion of the fanbase, and that portion is likely not even close to a majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad