Other Chicago Sports LXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Great debut for the kid, let's hope he can keep it up. He definitely has some wheels on him and looked solid enough at SS from what I saw (only watched the first 4 innings). Cubs need to keep laying into the Padres here if they want a shot at the division.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The issue with his Kris Bryant is his body. It feels like a lot of minor injuries are adding up and hampering his career. When Kris is healthy, he is great. Unfortunately, so many nagging injuries lately. Is it because of the size that he's prone to more little injuries? It's the only reason Bryant wouldn't age well ... but still a real concern.

I don't think anyone underrates Kris Bryant. we just have a lot of concerns (mainly health and Boras).

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
The issue with his Kris Bryant is his body. It feels like a lot of minor injuries are adding up and hampering his career. When Kris is healthy, he is great. Unfortunately, so many nagging injuries lately. Is it because of the size that he's prone to more little injuries? It's the only reason Bryant wouldn't age well ... but still a real concern.

I don't think anyone underrates Kris Bryant. we just have a lot of concerns (mainly health and Boras).
He's still playing. Just put him on the 10 day DL and let him shore himself up. It's not like he's got a labrum tear.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
He's still playing. Just put him on the 10 day DL and let him shore himself up. It's not like he's got a labrum tear.
His knee is really bothering him. Bryant finally admitted he got his knee drained and a cortisone shot. He can play through it, but he's probably going to need a longer procedure after the season. I hope the nagging injuries are just bad luck ... and not something that becomes chronic.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
no point to put him on the DL with expanded rosters..just let him sit for now and he can still come off the bench and pinch hit here or there but still take 5-6 games off..
I was speaking more abstractly with it being an issue since July.
His knee is really bothering him. Bryant finally admitted he got his knee drained and a cortisone shot. He can play through it, but he's probably going to need a longer procedure after the season. I hope the nagging injuries are just bad luck ... and not something that becomes chronic.
He might not have if they had done what just about everyone else in the MLB does when someone gets hurt. The Cubs are like the only holdout with the 10 day IL. They'll go multiple series with 24 guys.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Bryce Harper has a cannon for an arm. In an era where that is dying out (outfielders with cannons for arms), he is amazingly accurate as well. Hell of a gun to third on Albies..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I will pose this question for any baseball followers - who would you rather have long term - Pete Alonso or Yordan Alvarez??? Both are my respective rookies of the year and both likely will have some issues in the field long term (though Alonso has improved as the year has gone on)...

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015

In an ideal world Bryant is the Cubs everyday Left fielder. He's too lanky to play 3rd base. It'll be less wear and tear on his body overall.

Unfortunately for him the Cubs outfield is crowded.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I will pose this question for any baseball followers - who would you rather have long term - Pete Alonso or Yordan Alvarez??? Both are my respective rookies of the year and both likely will have some issues in the field long term (though Alonso has improved as the year has gone on)...
Alonso.

Reactions: TLEH

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
interesting...Alvarez has the highest OPS and OPS+ in the history of the game for any players 22 and under. His park adjusted wRC is 190...that is elite as it gets..his average exit velocity and hard hit rate are both top 15 in the game..the dude just crushes the ball..he crushes both lefties and righties and rarely strikes out..I would be curious as to why you say Alonso..I love the Polar Bear as well, but what Alvarez is doing is unbelievable in an era of home run/power hitters.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Cubs have Padres and Pirates in a row..if there ever was a "break" this is it..we have to win 5 of these 6 games between the two teams as after that the Cards are going to want to cripple us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad