Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXXIX: What awards aren't the Cubs winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
If you refuse to listen, I can't help you. Bryant, who happens to be a very good baseball player, is far better than Ron Kittle, who was not. That's it. No one appointed you my personal mod with veto powers over my right to analyze Kittle's career in aggregate. You don't get to crowbar your way into a conversation and then tell me what I'm restricted to discussing.

Furthermore, you're the only one comparing eras. War, the only stat I've mentioned, transcends eras. While it may be inconvenient for you that war is yet another proof of your erroneous argument, the facts are what they are, whether you want to compare their rookie years or full bodies of work. Your obstinance is silly.

Kittle was bad after that season, we haven't seen Bryant after this season. It's irrelelvant. I'm not modding you, this is really black and white.

I'm comparing hitting stats from that season, which are actually very close considering Kittle's advantage in HR's and RBI's with many fewer at bats.

You're welcome to your opinion that Bryant will stay great- and I agree with your opinion.

And no- That doesn't transcend eras because if the hitting aspect is skewed due to different eras, the war will change as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad