OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXVI - Farewell, Samardzija

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojYahooNBA
Within Anthony's circle, belief's been this, sources tell Y: Get NY's $129M now, figure out destination later. You can always get a trade.

Hahaha.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
What do the Yankees have to offer? Gary Sanchez is nowhere near Baez, Russell, Alcantara, and especially Castro. Plus, they have Schwarber as a future catcher if that's where the organization wants him.

The Yankees can be interested in shortstops in the best system in baseball all they want, but I just don't see the Cubs and Yankees as logical trade partners.

As much as I hate admitting this, but, the Cubs have leverage over the Yankees, when it comes to Starlin Castro. I can easily see them, asking for a 1st rounder.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Like I said earlier...Lance or bust and it sucks (or blows, depending on how one evaluates such things).

Lance Stephenson is out of the range the Bulls are comfortable paying him after Gordon Hayward is apparently a max-contract player, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
If the Cubs trade Castro, it'd most likely be in a trade for a proven, quality starting pitcher. That was a need of the Yankees. And now Tanaka is getting an MRI. So, again, what do the Yankees have to offer? Nothing right now. It takes two to tango. The Yanks can keep looking for a prom date.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Might as well kill two birds with one stone. The Cubs aren't trading Castro and the Wolves aren't trading Love.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
The Wolves should trade Love though since he has strongly intimated his lack of desire of re-signing and each and every day that passes reduces Minnesota's leverage.

Yep. They'll get more for Love this off-season before the distraction lingers into the regular season or at the trade deadline than they will in a S&T.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Small sample size, but nobody really stood out amongst the Sox prospects in Kannapolis after a single game.

Also, was surprised that Pete Rose Jr. was their manager. Would've figured that that'd be common knowledge for a manager at any level in a Chicago baseball team's farm system.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Jeff Gravley ‏@jgravleyWRAL 1h
I have learned @CarlosRodon16 is flying to Chicago today to sign #MLB contract. Physical tomorrow & expected to join Winston-Salem. #ncsu

Yay!

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
The Wolves should trade Love though since he has strongly intimated his lack of desire of re-signing and each and every day that passes reduces Minnesota's leverage.

They should, but Flip needs to protect his neck. They turned down Klay, Barnes, and Lee.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Scott Miller‏@ScottMillerBbl·4 mins
Sources: The #Cubs have extended scouting director Jason McLeod's contract by 2 years.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojYahooNBA
Within Anthony's circle, belief's been this, sources tell Y: Get NY's $129M now, figure out destination later. You can always get a trade.

Hahaha.

So he would sign and then immediately hold out demanding a sign and trade after the fact? Or play a season or two and demand a trade then?

This max money only possibly being offered by your current team thing is pretty odd to me. Is there any reason for how unnecessarily complicated and stupid NBA's free agency rules and salary cap are other than it obscures how much profit NBA owners are taking home while forcing players to choose between contending for a championship and actually getting a salary equivalent to their market value?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
So he would sign and then immediately hold out demanding a sign and trade after the fact? Or play a season or two and demand a trade then?

This max money only possibly being offered by your current team thing is pretty odd to me. Is there any reason for how unnecessarily complicated and stupid NBA's free agency rules and salary cap are other than it obscures how much profit NBA owners are taking home while forcing players to choose between contending for a championship and actually getting a salary equivalent to their market value?

Its so teams can keep their best players. If the NHL had this, the Blackhawks would have a dynasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad