OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXVI - Farewell, Samardzija

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Rodon demanding $6 mil signing bonus. So no go for the cubs

As in, not demanding enough to fall to us? No, you're saying we won't take him because we want to spend the money on other picks. Come on, this is Rodon we're talking about. Surely Theo and Co. can get creative with other picks and find good players for cheap. If they ****ing pass on Tanaka and Rodon within months, forget it, that would just be horrible. And then you trade Shark too. I mean, give me a break, what's it take for this team to bring in a quality young arm? They have to find the guy from under a rock in Brazil where nobody knows about him or something?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
As in, not demanding enough to fall to us? No, you're saying we won't take him because we want to spend the money on other picks. Come on, this is Rodon we're talking about. Surely Theo and Co. can get creative with other picks and find good players for cheap. If they ****ing pass on Tanaka and Rodon within months, forget it, that would just be horrible. And then you trade Shark too. I mean, give me a break, what's it take for this team to bring in a quality young arm? They have to find the guy from under a rock in Brazil where nobody knows about him or something?

They simply can't afford it. They'd have to forfeit draft picks

Slopo

Nov 3, 2011

It's also assuming Rodon will be there at #4. The Sox will take a pitcher, its just a matter of which pitcher.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
They simply can't afford it. They'd have to forfeit draft picks

The Cubs have over 8 million to spend. It would just mean them drafting college seniors in rounds 2-10 who will sign for slot-ish and will sign for sure.

Makes more sense for the Cubs ,who have system depth, than the Sox, who don't.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Okay, maybe Kolek is going 2 now. I need to get to work so I can watch this. Come on train!

Slopo

Nov 3, 2011
The Sox can choose Rodon or Nola at this point, not bad at all.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I wouldn't be shocked if it went either way. I'd be sad if they took Rodon though, obviously.

Slopo

Nov 3, 2011
I wouldn't be shocked if it went either way. I'd be sad if they took Rodon though, obviously.

I think the Sox go Rodon because he's college-proven, much like Sale was.

EDIT: That was a dumb comment b/c Nola is at LSU. I just feel like they like Rodon more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad