Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LXI: Bulls Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
They're allowed to be mad.
We want our athletes to be more honest. We want our athletes to be more human. If they were cheap hits ... they should say it. If the opponents disagree, they should say it too. That creates drama. That creates interest. That creates good sporting events.

I don't want robots playing sports. I'm all for drama. If Jimmy Butler wants to make mess. Good for him because everyone knows the Warriors are winning the title again. The NBA needs other storylines to sell.

Reactions: MurrayBannerman

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
They're allowed to be mad.

Never said otherwise.

But why not be mad at yourself? Haha. He’s the one who blew it. Don’t walk the dude with bases loaded. Don’t hang a pitch.

Kinda lame that he tried to walk it back, too. I’m calling BS that he was talking about the other hits. He just got mad and said something dumb. It happens. But if you’re gonna say it, at least own up to it.

It is what it is though. He will have plenty of chances to redeem himself this series. Should be a good one!

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Never said otherwise.

But why not be mad at yourself? Haha. He’s the one who blew it. Don’t walk the dude with bases loaded. Don’t hang a pitch.

Kinda lame that he tried to walk it back, too. I’m calling BS that he was talking about the other hits. He just got mad and said something dumb. It happens. But if you’re gonna say it, at least own up to it.

It is what it is though. He will have plenty of chances to redeem himself this series. Should be a good one!
There's no problem calling him out either. I'd rather have athletes be honest with their feelings ... so we can agree or disagree. It's part of the game. Have fun with it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Myles Turner signed for 4 years at $72mn ... $80mn with incentives. Similar contract to Zach Lavine. It appears Lavine got the going rate.

Anyone have any ideas to get rid of Feliciano's contract. 3 years at $24mn left. Any way we can package Valentine, Lopez, Felciano for a bad 1 year contract? That's about $24mn worth of contracts this year.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Jesus. The Brewers could make the WS.

I'm OK with that. Only if they get embarrassed and lose because f*** the Dodgers

Please win Boston

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Jesus. The Brewers could make the WS.

I'm OK with that. Only if they get embarrassed and lose because **** the Dodgers

Please win Boston
You obviously don't have a lot of Boston friends. I REFUSE to watch any Boston sporting events with them. I simply say NO.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Cubs hire Rangers Hitting coach

I hear long counts, launch angles, and high k%.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I hope Bill Self and Sean Miller are terminated from their place of employment. If recruits can be declared permantly ineligible, so should the coaches.

There's concrete evidence Self, Miller, and Pitino were complicit through texts and witness testimony under oath that they knew about the payments. They don't have plausible deniability anymore. Either the NCAA changes the rules or the coaches caught red handed need to go.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My only hesitation with that is that it'd have a tremendous impact on non money sports and non money colleges. As it stands now, football and basketball essentially fund the entire rest of the athletics department in almost every university, save some Northeast/Midwest schools that have profitable hockey programs, Southern/Western baseball programs, and Eastern lacrosse programs, so if you allow student athletes to get paid the end result is almost assuredly going to be even more programs getting axed. And it would further divide the haves and the have nots as mega programs would be readily able to eat costs while smaller profit schools would not.

There isn't an easy fix here, at least not one that wouldn't result in a significant reduction in the number of student athletes. Yay, football and basketball players are getting paid! Too bad the gymnastics, swimming, track and field, field hockey, wrestling, and tennis programs all had their scholarships eliminated and programs terminated.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
My only hesitation with that is that it'd have a tremendous impact on non money sports and non money colleges. As it stands now, football and basketball essentially fund the entire rest of the athletics department in almost every university, save some Northeast/Midwest schools that have profitable hockey programs, Southern/Western baseball programs, and Eastern lacrosse programs, so if you allow student athletes to get paid the end result is almost assuredly going to be even more programs getting axed. And it would further divide the haves and the have nots as mega programs would be readily able to eat costs while smaller profit schools would not.

There isn't an easy fix here, at least not one that wouldn't result in a significant reduction in the number of student athletes. Yay, football and basketball players are getting paid! Too bad the gymnastics, swimming, track and field, field hockey, wrestling, and tennis programs all had their scholarships eliminated and programs terminated.

Why? Coaches salaries have gone up like 700% in the last 10 years. Teams are spending $50 million on ridiculously lavish practice facilities.

Reactions: AmericanDream
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad