OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LIII: Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
There are several, high round draft prospects out there right now. Griffin Conine could easily leap into a position where the Sox would have to consider him.

yeah i saw conine and well i was intrigue with his power and hrs..... i really wasn't too impress with everything else, remember i am speaking stat wise.

i also think he is jeff son so the pedigree of his father being a mlb player. this is my warp way of thinking.

i just didn't like his stats.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
You can't scout like that. Especially not in the Cape, which sits at roughly sea level and has enough humidity knocking balls down.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You can't scout like that. Especially not in the Cape, which sits at roughly sea level and has enough humidity knocking balls down.

i will take your word on this, but i am an old, decrepit man who does this for fun.... it has work for me .... and i am not a pro scout.

remember one thing, the cape is a primer of sorts to show to any and all what this season, the ncaa season may have coming up thru the ranks. it also helps in the hype and fun and excitement of college baseball season.

another point, with the metaphors you are using to describe the unlooked on part of the cape's weather, hitters who hits with a high avg, nice hits to k's and among the top in hrs.... should be a player to be look on in the upcoming ncaa season.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
i will take your word on this, but i am an old, decrepit man who does this for fun.... it has work for me .... and i am not a pro scout.

remember one thing, the cape is a primer of sorts to show to any and all what this season, the ncaa season may have coming up thru the ranks. it also helps in the hype and fun and excitement of college baseball season.

another point, with the metaphors you are using to describe the unlooked on part of the cape's weather, hitters who hits with a high avg, nice hits to k's and among the top in hrs.... should be a player to be look on in the upcoming ncaa season.

I get that. That's why reading what people are doing on the Cape from people who are covering it as scouts is valuable.

Usually when guys break out in the Cape, it's legit. Though with the summer league proliferation around the country, the talent is less condensed in the Cape.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I get that. That's why reading what people are doing on the Cape from people who are covering it as scouts is valuable.

Usually when guys break out in the Cape, it's legit. Though with the summer league proliferation around the country, the talent is less condensed in the Cape.

i totally agree.....:yo:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Was looking through some stats last night...didn't realize this before but Adrian Beltre is a future hof.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
So nice to see Moncada get going. This guy is going to be so much fun to watch over the years.

MB - what are your thoughts on Seby Zavala? That dude is hitting.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Seby Zavala, what a badass name.

when the sox drafted him, i am going to be honest, it really sounded like a girls name.... seby....

i was really stoke when he first started off hot and i thought the sox had a real gem.... then last season, he looked as the tire fell off the car.

this yr i like it that he has rebounded. if he continues to do well, outside the pitching, the sox will have a loaded group of 1b prospects....

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, I see what you mean. It's one of those that would be equally cool both ways, kind of unisex. But cool is cool as far as I am concerned. Looked up his stats, guy is raking this year. Yeah, he's old for his league but he's a catcher so that's ok. Take his time, maybe be up with the Sox by 25 or 26 if all goes well.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah, I see what you mean. It's one of those that would be equally cool both ways, kind of unisex. But cool is cool as far as I am concerned. Looked up his stats, guy is raking this year. Yeah, he's old for his league but he's a catcher so that's ok. Take his time, maybe be up with the Sox by 25 or 26 if all goes well.

a very logical out look to keep in mind.... i should learn from this, b/c i am really impatient kind of a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad