GDT: LAT vs. USA May 21, 2024

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I honestly don't think this Latvia team is capable of pulling an upset. This roster lacks a little bit of depth and the decision-making of some our depth players will lead to several really bad unforced errors, guaranteed. And our PP sucks.

So the whole 'score a cheeky goal and try to not concede' thing is not working for us this year.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Please, don't ever call up Komuls again. I don't think he even belongs in the ECHL.

Reactions: LKI

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Our defensive depth is literally non existant.
No, that's not it. Selecting Komuls in the first place was an interesting choice. He has been consistently making boneheaded plays and losing the puck for no reason. He can't make a pass or receive a pass. It's not that there is no depth, it's that we literally don't need him on the ice or on the team. We have 7 other defencemen.

It has been painfully obvious from the first game that he's a liability. Our 8D Bergmanis has been better both this year and before.

And the one thing that strikes me this year is the inability of our coaching staff to make some very obvious and needed changes to our lineup. Like removing Ansons the f*** out of 4C or moving Dzierkals off the top line or getting Tralmaks into the top 6, PP1/PP2.

It only took them 6 games to finally have Tralmaks on the PP. He's literally the only guy other than Abols who is capable of making space for himself in the offensive zone and making some actual plays to endanger the net. Our 2nd best forward in this tournament still plays on the 4th line. Why?

Daugavins just uses the space given to him to dangle the puck and lose it eventually. Tralmaks is exactly what they need on the top line.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
No, that's not it. Selecting Komuls in the first place was an interesting choice. He has been consistently making boneheaded plays and losing the puck for no reason. He can't make a pass or receive a pass. It's not that there is no depth, it's that we literally don't need him on the ice or on the team. We have 7 other defencemen.

It has been painfully obvious from the first game that he's a liability. Our 8D Bergmanis has been better both this year and before.

And the one thing that strikes me this year is the inability of our coaching staff to make some very obvious and needed changes to our lineup. Like removing Ansons the f*** out of 4C or moving Dzierkals off the top line or getting Tralmaks into the top 6, PP1/PP2.

It only took them 6 games to finally have Tralmaks on the PP. He's literally the only guy other than Abols who is capable of making space for himself in the offensive zone and making some actual plays to endanger the net. Our 2nd best forward in this tournament still plays on the 4th line. Why?

Daugavins just uses the space given to him to dangle the puck and lose it eventually. Tralmaks is exactly what they need on the top line.
What do you think about removal of Ābols from the coaching staff? It seems it has changed our play and unfortunatley for the worse.

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
Can't watch the game now but the defence is certainly very bad this year. We are missing three people from last year and it's definitely felt. If not Komuls, than we'll have too look for guys playing in NCAA, Denmark, France or Norway. Basically pick your poison. I would think that NCAA would be a good enough league but we had Bergmanis being tried and he lost to Komuls, so Vītoliņš must have found him even worse?

There will be two young defensemen playing in top Finnish league next year, hope at least one of them breaks out.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Bergmanis was tried and he lost to Komuls, so Vītoliņš must have found him even worse?
I think the only reason Komuls plays and was selected to begin with is because he's a rightie. They decided "we're going to have a bad player anyway so might as well the one who plays the "right" hand" but is that really of any merit is obviously debatable.

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015

Kaļķis much better than Komuls.

As I write this - again he has a brainfart.

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
And why the hell we are using Tralmaks on the PP as a in front of a goal big body guy? Why not use him where he is at his best on the right side in a one timer spot.

Reactions: Namejs

Mogi

May 4, 2018
Zegras is honestly so stupid, Nelson has been quite lazy today as well

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Can't watch the game now but the defence is certainly very bad this year. We are missing three people from last year and it's definitely felt. If not Komuls, than we'll have too look for guys playing in NCAA, Denmark, France or Norway. Basically pick your poison. I would think that NCAA would be a good enough league but we had Bergmanis being tried and he lost to Komuls, so Vītoliņš must have found him even worse?

There will be two young defensemen playing in top Finnish league next year, hope at least one of them breaks out.
I guess junior hockey is not your thing. We have multiple D prospects coming up and they will probably get a taste of the Worlds next year. The Finnish ones are depth players.

Your point about Komuls-Bergmanis is circular and useless. But if you haven't seen any of the games, that would explain it.

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
I guess junior hockey is not your thing. We have multiple D prospects coming up and they will probably get a taste of the Worlds next year. The Finnish ones are depth players.

Your point about Komuls-Bergmanis is circular and useless. But if you haven't seen any of the games, that would explain it.
Let those players leave juniors first.

What point about Komuls-Bergmanis are you talking about? That Vītoliņš chose Komuls over Bergmanis? You have a different opinion? :oops:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I think that 5on3 gave me an aneurysm.

I know this will sound sacrilegous, but I can't wait for the RoBukarts and Daugavins era to be over. They don't really fit the philosophy of this team. Soft, slow and dangly barely even works against your polands of this day and age.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Let those players leave juniors first.

What point about Komuls-Bergmanis are you talking about? That Vītoļiņš chose Komuls over Bergmanis? You have a different opinion? :oops:
You're not watching the game, but 'Bergmanis must be worse, because Vitolins made that decision 2 weeks ago. Why is he worse? Because Vitolins selected Komuls.'

What kind of a mickey mouse argument is that? If you have nothing to contribute, get back to work and gtfo with this mickey mouse BS

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
I think that 5on3 gave me an aneurysm.

I know this will sound sacrilegous, but I can't wait for the RoBukarts and Daugavins era to be over. They don't really fit the philosophy of this team. Soft, slow and dangly barely even works against your polands of this day and age.
Agreed on Bukarts, hard disagree on Daugaviņš. Dudes a tank, no way anybody would classify as "soft" hes also one of the leaders of this at the ripe old age of 35(!)

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
You're not watching the game, but 'Bergmanis must be worse, because Vitolins made that decision 2 weeks ago. Why is he worse? Because Vitolins selected Komuls.'

What kind of a mickey mouse argument is that? If you have nothing to contribute, get back to work and gtfo with this mickey mouse BS
Lol what? You are making stuff up, I've written that Vītoliņš thinks he is worse, I've never said that I think he is worse.

Don't post while drunk.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Lol what? You are making stuff up, I've written that Vītoliņš thinks he is worse, I've never said that think he is worse.

Don't post while drunk.
Your post was useless and without any added value.

We all know Komuls was selected by Vitolins, because he's on the team.

Think before you post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad