OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LIII: Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Okay, not going to lie, these aren't as dumb as I was expecting them to look (some teams are awful, though). Nicknames on the back are still dumb, though.

DGzUdLoXkAA9zLl.jpg:large

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i am going to be honest here. based on today's date, 8-9-17 i am thinking that the sox will be picking #2 in the draft.

so for this discussion. i am thinking either seth beer - of and brady singer - rh-sp will be gone.... i am thinking either / or. so i am eliminating both for this discussion.

Jackson Kowar - rh-sp, fla. in the college playoff last yr, he jump the other pitchers and to start as the starting pitcher.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=jackson-kowar

Luken Baker - rh-sp/1b. re to his pitching, i do not think his future is there. his fast ball is straight as a board and no movement. ref his hitting, very good power and really good avg... last yr, he broke his left forearm, but he hits right handed. maybe some one who the sox already as a 1b, can play the OF.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=luken-baker

Konnor Pilkington - lh-sp. Miss St.. this is the pitcher / player i am keeping a close eye on next season. solid 3 pitch profile. his hit is close to his BB. but his K's is very good.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=konnor-pilkington

thoughts ??

any other college players to look out for.... for now ??

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Flashing really advanced bat tools. High power with an athletic build. If he sticks in RF and all goes well developmentally, he's a top pick candidate.
do you see him bumping into the first 2 rounds??

interesting name to remember.... right now, i am playing the odds of keeping names to remember.

thanks

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
do you see him bumping into the first 2 rounds??

interesting name to remember.... right now, i am playing the odds of keeping names to remember.

thanks

Toglia? He's a first round projection right now. Obviously, it's far out.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
i am going to be honest here. based on today's date, 8-9-17 i am thinking that the sox will be picking #2 in the draft.

so for this discussion. i am thinking either seth beer - of and brady singer - rh-sp will be gone.... i am thinking either / or. so i am eliminating both for this discussion.

Jackson Kowar - rh-sp, fla. in the college playoff last yr, he jump the other pitchers and to start as the starting pitcher.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=jackson-kowar

Luken Baker - rh-sp/1b. re to his pitching, i do not think his future is there. his fast ball is straight as a board and no movement. ref his hitting, very good power and really good avg... last yr, he broke his left forearm, but he hits right handed. maybe some one who the sox already as a 1b, can play the OF.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=luken-baker

Konnor Pilkington - lh-sp. Miss St.. this is the pitcher / player i am keeping a close eye on next season. solid 3 pitch profile. his hit is close to his BB. but his K's is very good.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=konnor-pilkington

thoughts ??

any other college players to look out for.... for now ??

I don't think Seth Beer gets picked ahead of Luken Baker when it's all said and done.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I don't think Seth Beer gets picked ahead of Luken Baker when it's all said and done.

on 2 mocks and it is early they even have luken baker listed , i think. but any of the 3 that i got listed would be great in the sox selection.

as of right now, i am not really sold on singer.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
on 2 mocks and it is early they even have luken baker listed , i think. but any of the 3 that i got listed would be great in the sox selection.

as of right now, i am not really sold on singer.

Why is that?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Why is that?

i really can't put my finger on it, the things i read is not too impressive however what i read on the same page esp in the D-12 ncaa sports site, the write up on the other pitcher, Jackson Kowar came out looking better.... but this is articles i am reading. so that is the land-mine that i am stepping on. i am a paper reading opinionated fan.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Singer is from a town about an hour from my home town. Hope he does well. He's an animal when it comes to work ethic and hating to lose, I actually expect him to do very very well. He's got that bulldog mentality.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Singer is from a town about an hour from my home town. Hope he does well. He's an animal when it comes to work ethic and hating to lose, I actually expect him to do very very well. He's got that bulldog mentality.

i hope he does not get hurt.... i really hate players, esp those with a promising career, who gets hurt.

he should be in the top 5 of the draft next yr, if all things goes as planned.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You can only find one player you like on the Cape?

yeah..... i just like to keep a mental list of players and i save the link to use as a baseline.

the cape is 4 week competition and i like to see a really good avg with good hit vs k's and i am not to concerned with hrs....

the pitchers well, i am not good enuf to grade them from the cape performance.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
yeah..... i just like to keep a mental list of players and i save the link to use as a baseline.

the cape is 4 week competition and i like to see a really good avg with good hit vs k's and i am not to concerned with hrs....

the pitchers well, i am not good enuf to grade them from the cape performance.

There are several, high round draft prospects out there right now. Griffin Conine could easily leap into a position where the Sox would have to consider him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad