Other Chicago and General Sports Thread XXII - Cubs/Sox/Bulls/TEAM USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
A guy you hope can be CF and leadoff hitter

Also a guy with very weak fielding ability I may add ,, Get ready for Nick Swisher caliber CF defense

lol. God forbid a young guy struggles a bit when he comes up to the majors.

Eaton is, at the very least, a league average defensive CFer in the majors with the potential to be a good one.

You also traded a guy you hope can be more than a #5/swingman.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Like that deal alot for the sox. Couldn't even touch Eaton two years ago (one of the better prospects in baseball) and now they got him. Sox have got a good, young, cost controlled core already in Sale, Garcia, Eaton, Viciedo (if still here), Semien, Abreu, Quintana, Reed, Johnson etc. I liked Santiago's arm (even better person off the field), but I see Oliver Perez written all over him. (when he's on, he's dominant, but will be wild and inconsistent especially repeating his delivery)

Really like this deal for the Angels especially too.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Uh, they're going to have to get rid of/bench Viciedo this year with Eaton, de Aza and Garcia.

I guess if there's one player Garcia should play above, it's Viciedo.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN 42s
Sandy Alderson says MLB rules committee has decide to eliminate collisions at home plate.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Sahadev Sharma‏@sahadevsharma14m
Theo says team has offers out on a reliever, a starter & trade offer on a position player.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
David Murphy
‏@ByDavidMurphy
Amaro: “Kendrick has 64 wins. You know how many wins Garza has? Sixty-seven.”

NFcWRsf.gif

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
If he's blocking the plate, I don't have a problem with it, but I guess that's out the window, too.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I agree with madgoat that it's a faulty argument, but home is still a base.

But, I still see this as a big gain for the catcher's positional life, as well as adding more emphasis on versatile athletes in the game. Those two things justify this on their own.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I agree with madgoat that it's a faulty argument, but home is still a base.

But, I still see this as a big gain for the catcher's positional life, as well as adding more emphasis on versatile athletes in the game. Those two things justify this on their own.

The catcher can protect it because touching it scores a run. That said, I don't care about this rule either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad