OT: OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 4: Half and Half (7-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
**** yes!!!!

It’s gonna be real hard to overcome this deficit. Love it.

Honestly, the difference in draft capital from let’s say 7-9 and 6-10 will be substantial.

Sounds like we’re gonna stick with Gruden/Allen anyways since no one wants to work for Dan.

The only way we can overcome this gigantic obstacle is to go 0-3 to end year and then go 1-15 next season. After that we’ll have some good options imo.

So....jinxes aren’t real? Even the ones rooting for despair?

I give you example....A. Your Honour

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Thought that was the one game they had a chance to win in the last 4. Didn’t think they would do it but nice win under the circumstances. And nice game for Sticky Fingers Sprinkle.

Also, to those openly hoping for losses because of draft position. Please keep those thoughts to yourself. Thank you.

I don't think people are hoping for losses because of the difference between picking 12th vs 16th. I personally am hoping for losses so that the entire front office and coaching staff get shown the exits, but its not happening. This measly win will let Bruce and Jay convince Danny that it was all just injuries and they were doing things right until Alex Smith broke his leg. And Danny will buy it all because he's an idiot. And the Skins will go 6-10 or 7-9 again next year. And so it goes.

Reactions: Bananas

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
so just for laughs: skins 1 game back of dallas for division lead, 1 game back of seahawks for #5 seed, half game back of vikings for #6 seed

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I think Jay is a good coach. I wish we could have kept McVay but I like Jay more then a random 1st time hire.

Bruce Allen is awful. Hope he is canned but doubt it.

Also spend some damn money on some trainers. Being the most unlucky injury team 2 seasons in a row can't be a fluke

Reactions: Corby78

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
so if im right, and a little crazy to even think this: the rams should beat the eagles, the saints should beat the panthers (although that game really is pointless since skins own tiebreaker)

that leaves if skins beat titans and lions beat vikings, skins move into #6 with a week left haha

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

LOL

Who the Skins have beaten this year:

Cardinals (3-11)
Packers (5-8-1)
Panthers (6-7)
Cowboys (8-6, lost rematch)
Giants (5-9, lost rematch)
Buccaneers (5-9)
Jaguars (4-10)

And among their losses are blowouts or lopsided games vs the Colts, Saint, Falcons, Eagles, and Giants.

There is nothing magical about that. They're pretty much exactly what their record says. Middling.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
LOL

Who the Skins have beaten this year:

Cardinals (3-11)
Packers (5-8-1)
Panthers (6-7)
Cowboys (8-6, lost rematch)
Giants (5-9, lost rematch)
Buccaneers (5-9)
Jaguars (4-10)

And among their losses are blowouts or lopsided games vs the Colts, Saint, Falcons, Eagles, and Giants.

There is nothing magical about that. They're pretty much exactly what their record says. Middling.

if im right, the cowboys have only beaten one team with a winning record (the saints)

giants (5-9)
lions (5-9)
jaguars (4-10)
eagles x2 (6-7)
skins (7-7)
falcons (5-9)

lost to titans, panthers, texans, colts, seahawks and skins

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Sep 19, 2008
Well, the way you see it is wrong. The Redskins came into the game sitting at pick 14. This one win dropped us down to 18. Not only that, there would have been 8 teams with 5 wins if we had lost, including Jacksonville. 6-10 in alll likelyhood would have gotten us into the top 10. Just to give you an idea, the difference between number 18 and, let’s say, number 8 overall is about the equivalent of a high second rounder according to a standard draft value chart. If we win another we could be talking about a first round pick level slide down the draft order. Not only that it helps protect both Gruden and Allen’s jobs.

It’s an utterly meaningless win in a lost season that sets up poorly for the future.

This W was a catastrophic L in disguise and the only reason it happened is because Jacksonville wanted the loss more than we did.

Projected 2019 NFL draft order: Cards are near locks for No. 1 pick

According to this site there are 10 teams already worse than the Redskins right now

Losing out likely wouldn't have netted a top 10 spot

I stand by my comments that we were drafting in the 10-18 range anyway. So is drafting say...14 really that much more appealing than drafting 18?

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Projected 2019 NFL draft order: Cards are near locks for No. 1 pick

According to this site there are 10 teams already worse than the Redskins right now

Losing out likely wouldn't have netted a top 10 spot

I stand by my comments that we were drafting in the 10-18 range anyway. So is drafting say...14 really that much more appealing than drafting 18?

There would have been 7 teams with 5 Ws if we had lost, plus there are only 2 teams with 11 Ls. If we had gone 6-10 we would have been caught by several of them and a front office house cleaning would have been much more likely.

Why don’t we just take a peek when the season’s over, shall we? And yes, drafting around 10 would be much preferable to drafting around 18. Not only does your pick in each round have better players available, you can also trade down or up more easily. Trading down from 10 to 18 would usually net about a second rounder, for example.

It’s water under the bridge now anyways. Hopefully they have a good offseason regardless. They could certainly use one. I thought the last one wasn’t bad at all. Got Payne and Guice and added draft picks by staying frugal in free agency.

This was a lost season once both rostered QBs went down. Once that was the case losing was the best option. Leave it to the Redskins to f*** even that up.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I can't be the only "won" to know that 14 spread last night was way off. Foles in over Wentz who clearly sucked all year, Gurley showing signs of breaking down in recent weeks, Cooper out.... easy money

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Interesting info out of the drama that is the Denver Broncos:

Two of the sources also said that Cousins met with Shanahan (date unknown) in a back room at Shanahan’s restaurant and told the coach he would play for the Broncos, if Shanahan would be the coach, at a discounted rate.

What could have been? Cousins back in Shanahan's offense would have been interesting. And then there is the discounted rate talk.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

What could have been? Cousins back in Shanahan's offense would have been interesting. And then there is the discounted rate talk.

Paywall.

I was just reading about the nonsense that’s currently going on with 2 of Pat Bowlen’s daughters wanting to take over the team and this 3 person Trust that’s currently running the show. Litigation pending. Pat must be rolling over in his grave.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

I cant read that article as I'm not a subscriber, but....

Discount? LOL. Cousins just LOVES to have stories about him post fact...that cannot be easily confirmed/denied.

"I would've definitely played for less if it meant being back with Coach" (says Kirk). "That 84m guaranteed in Minny?? I would have definitely signed in Denver for 83.9m.....no problem at all. I mean, money isnt everything...its about respect and feeling wanted. And I know John knew that....he's lived it as an icon QB. We have that in common"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad