OT: OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 4: Half and Half (7-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They decided Sanchez was the guy to pin their hopes and possibly their jobs on. Puzzling.

Reading this statement made me laugh and cry at the same time. It just shows where this franchise is and how far we are from being a serious team in the NFL.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Not it wouldn't be a good thing if Johnson led the Skins to two straight wins but its the Redskins. Its how they roll.

Its how they roll? Well, my foggy memory tells me when the Skins have a must win to get into the playoffs, they lose. Anyway, this reminds me of a Dwight Schrute quote, modified: "I think about whatever is the right thing to do, and then I do not do that thing."

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Its how they roll? Well, my foggy memory tells me when the Skins have a must win to get into the playoffs, they lose. Anyway, this reminds me of a Dwight Schrute quote, modified: "I think about whatever is the right thing to do, and then I do not do that thing."

There are many examples of the Skins doing the opposite of what they should have done going back the last 20 years of the Snyder era.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Someone called into 106.7 this morning, saying Montae was being robbed. Maybe the caller just got a big fat check from Tony Wyllie, who seemingly had done no PR work for 9 years.

Interesting to see Montae appears to consider the onside kick and then thinks better of it. Flashes of Hunt may have popped into his head. Pun not intended.

Reactions: Silky mitts

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
except maybe if you're Flacco and don't want to move family? speculating of course...

Proximity to DC would be a factor if Redskins Park wasn't in Northern VA. Jacksonville is easier to get to from Baltimore on a weekday morning/afternoon than Northern VA. :laugh:

Bottom line is 20.4 mil of cap space, and a roster spot, will be tied to Alex Smith next season. And I can't see Flacco taking less than 10 mil a year for whoever he plays for next season. So if Flacco comes to DC that will be at least 30 mil tied into two players and one of those players might not play again. Sportrac has a projected cap next year of 194 mil, with 5 mil rollover credit for Skins from 2018, and the Skins at 176 mil, and thats with 75 on the 5th year option and no other crazy moves like Brown being cut. That leaves 18 mil of cap space to upgrade at LG, CB, ILB and wherever else is needed. Can't see how Flacco works after all that.

Washington Redskins 2019 Salary Cap

Best case scenario for next year, IMO, is Smith and his 20 mil on PUP, McCoy the starter with 3.5 mil cap hit, Josh Johnson with something like 1 - 2 mil cap hit and a rookie. Its what the Skins can afford and it allows whatever rookie they draft to learn from someone like McCoy who has been in the offense the last 4-5 years.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Proximity to DC would be a factor if Redskins Park wasn't in Northern VA. Jacksonville is easier to get to from Baltimore on a weekday morning/afternoon than Northern VA. :laugh:

Bottom line is 20.4 mil of cap space, and a roster spot, will be tied to Alex Smith next season. And I can't see Flacco taking less than 10 mil a year for whoever he plays for next season. So if Flacco comes to DC that will be at least 30 mil tied into two players and one of those players might not play again. Sportrac has a projected cap next year of 194 mil, with 5 mil rollover credit for Skins from 2018, and the Skins at 176 mil, and thats with 75 on the 5th year option and no other crazy moves like Brown being cut. That leaves 18 mil of cap space to upgrade at LG, CB, ILB and wherever else is needed. Can't see how Flacco works after all that.

Best case scenario for next year, IMO, is Smith and his 20 mil on PUP, McCoy the starter with 3.5 mil cap hit, Josh Johnson with something like 1 - 2 mil cap hit and a rookie. Its what the Skins can afford and it allows whatever rookie they draft to learn from someone like McCoy who has been in the offense the last 4-5 years.

McCoy, Johnson, Rookie. Begs for another 6-10 to 8-8 season. At best. McCoy is not good.

This is all assuming Allen/Gruden are here. If they miss the playoffs, I'd rather they were all gone. All of them.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
McCoy, Johnson, Rookie. Begs for another 6-10 to 8-8 season. At best. McCoy is not good.

This is all assuming Allen/Gruden are here. If they miss the playoffs, I'd rather they were all gone. All of them.

I would also like to see wholesale changes but I don't think it will happen unless the team is blown out the last 2 games of the season.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

This coupled with Ha Ha being a laughing stock for the majority of his time in DC and add FS to the list of positions that needs upgrading this offseason.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

If you don’t have an NFL-level starter, do upgrades to LG, CB, ILB matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->