OT: OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 4: Half and Half (7-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
f*** yes!!!!

It’s gonna be real hard to overcome this deficit. Love it.

Honestly, the difference in draft capital from let’s say 7-9 and 6-10 will be substantial.

Sounds like we’re gonna stick with Gruden/Allen anyways since no one wants to work for Dan.

The only way we can overcome this gigantic obstacle is to go 0-3 to end year and then go 1-15 next season. After that we’ll have some good options imo.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I was kinda shunned for saying I would have strongly considered drafting Lamar Jackson. Now seeing him play a bit in the NFL, would most of you still not have taken him?

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Redskins of the last 30 years are the most exasperating team ever.

They literally can’t do anything right.

Sep 19, 2008
Imagine just taking a knee instead of going for an easier FG attempt

it was 1st and 10 with 20 seconds left. You have plenty of timeouts.

Talk about conservative.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Thought that was the one game they had a chance to win in the last 4. Didn’t think they would do it but nice win under the circumstances. And nice game for Sticky Fingers Sprinkle.

Also, to those openly hoping for losses because of draft position. Please keep those thoughts to yourself. Thank you.

Reactions: robertmac43

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Watching the end of the game, had to chaperone my child, I’d like to see the Skins move on from Preston Smith. So inconsistent and his half assed effort on that Fornette run at the end is rule not the exception.

He is a poor mans Brian Orakpo. Let another team over pay him.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
The way I see it finishing 7-9 or 8-8 isn't that much worse than finishing 6-10 in terms of draft position

Should we really demand this team finish 6-10 just for a slim shot to get Grier or Haskins?

Well, the way you see it is wrong. The Redskins came into the game sitting at pick 14. This one win dropped us down to 18. Not only that, there would have been 8 teams with 5 wins if we had lost, including Jacksonville. 6-10 in alll likelyhood would have gotten us into the top 10. Just to give you an idea, the difference between number 18 and, let’s say, number 8 overall is about the equivalent of a high second rounder according to a standard draft value chart. If we win another we could be talking about a first round pick level slide down the draft order. Not only that it helps protect both Gruden and Allen’s jobs.

It’s an utterly meaningless win in a lost season that sets up poorly for the future.

This W was a catastrophic L in disguise and the only reason it happened is because Jacksonville wanted the loss more than we did.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Well, the way you see it is wrong. The Redskins came into the game sitting at pick 14. This one win dropped us down to 18. Not only that, there would have been 8 teams with 5 wins if we had lost, including Jacksonville. 6-10 in alll likelyhood would have gotten us into the top 10. Just to give you an idea, the difference between number 18 and, let’s say, number 8 overall is about the equivalent of a high second rounder according to a standard draft value chart. If we win another we could be talking about a first round pick level slide down the draft order. Not only that it helps protect both Gruden and Allen’s jobs.

It’s an utterly meaningless win in a lost season that sets up poorly for the future.

This W was a catastrophic L in disguise and the only reason it happened is because Jacksonville wanted to the loss more than we did.

A lot of “us” and “we” in that. Feel pretty confident the players and coaching staff would rather you didn’t do that.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I was kinda shunned for saying I would have strongly considered drafting Lamar Jackson. Now seeing him play a bit in the NFL, would most of you still not have taken him?

Nope....no thanks. He’ll get lit up and injured just like everyone of his style does eventually.

Would I take him today if he was a freebie? Yes.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
A lot of “us” and “we” in that. Feel pretty confident the players and coaching staff would rather you didn’t do that.

Even guys in that locker room have admitted their coaches are in over their heads and lots of their teammates have no heart.

I care more about the Redskins than most of those losers.

And yeah, I could give a flying f*** what they would rather me do, hypothetical or not. The Redskins and I were a “we” before any of those bamas donned the Burgundy and Gold.

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
No one has tape on JJ he could have a similar effect as Lamar Miller.

Beating the Titans will be hard with their run game
The Eagles with Foles seems possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad