OT: OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I imagine that they'd go on points percentage.. Canucks are hanging onto 8th place with the Jets playing tonight.. currently trailing Oilers 0-1 in the 2nd.

I mean this is tragic but if it leads the Canucks to giving up a 1st overall pick next season.. that's just so Canucks lolworthy.
I figured they would just move the conditions to 2021 and 2022. Basically roll over the condition to the following season.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Politicians for sure. Shake hands all day.

Wouldn't be surprised of Bernie or Biden gets tested positive.

It's not just testing positive, it's the fact some will lose their lives. Politicians are highly exposed, and often quite old.

10% of the Iranian parliament has tested positive, and some have already died.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Predictable. NHL players will catch this virus as well. They then will need to quarantine the entire team, as well as the opponents they've played from the previous couple weeks.

As I've said from the outset, NHL playoffs look unlikely.

This will wake people up to what is actually going on now.
Nah, it’s the nhl
They will wait u til at least 3 players are positive

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I figured they would just move the conditions to 2021 and 2022. Basically roll over the condition to the following season.
The draft will still take place, since there are draft-eligible players waiting and expecting to be drafted and teams building their draft plans who may have traded for picks in this specific draft or later drafts strategically.

More generally, I'm 99 percent sure the season is over. NBA and NHL teams share facilities. There's not much point opening them, keeping them in use and risking viral spread for just one of them.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
NHL is NBA's, little bro. For sure NHL season will be suspended and I doubt playoffs even happen because this isn't some fad and it won't go away in a few weeks. Probably looking at a much longer timeline. Only gonna get worse before it gets better.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019

Of the dozens and dozens of hours of research I've done on the topic, this is probably the most important article written to date on the corona virus.

If you hate hearing about the corona virus, and only read one article, read this.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
More generally, I'm 99 percent sure the season is over. NBA and NHL teams share facilities. There's not much point opening them, keeping them in use and risking viral spread for just one of them.

It's over. They might squeeze a couple more games out of the season, but based on the trajectory of the virus, there is simply no conceivable way there will be playoffs this season.

Based on the long term outlook, it looks just as unlikely there is an NHL season next year either.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Looking at Italy’s numbers from today their mortality rate has risen to 6.6 percent. Which is alarmingly high.
The expected and publicized death rates assumed each patient had access to reasonably timely treatment for respiratory failure. When almost everyone is sick, most people won't, and many patients in Italy don't.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Like I said on the main board, shut it all down. It's a shame but some things are worth way more than hockey.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Apparently, if the season is canceled the cup goes to the team with the highest point total so Boston will win the Stanley Cup.
Yeah no. I think it’s more likely no winner is awarded. That’s been set as a precedent before.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
uh, no it's not. Gobert has come into contact with any number of other players, staff, etc. Whole organizations are going to have to be tested, and if anyone else comes up positive, everyone they've come in contact with are going to have to be tested. Further travel will just spread the virus around.
Eh, I'll stay outta the corona talk in here. I dont think its worth all the commotion, and will be nbd in a few months..

How much does anyone worry about sars, h1n1, swine flu, mad cow disease, avian flu etc etc.

Reactions: cookiefest

Frostage

May 23, 2014
Eh, I'll stay outta the corona talk in here. I dont think its worth all the commotion, and will be nbd in a few months.

I disagree and so do many experts

This is an informative listen

Joe Rogan (Podcast Site)

Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don’t think the coronavirus is as serious as some are leading on but I think it’s kinda foolish to not acknowledge that you HAVE to do stuff like what the NBA did, in suspending the season.

I mean, you have to. It’s just logical to do otherwise this is only going to go on longer.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
I don’t think the coronavirus is as serious as some are leading on but I think it’s kinda foolish to not acknowledge that you HAVE to do stuff like what the NBA did, in suspending the season.

I mean, you have to. It’s just logical to do otherwise this is only going to go on longer.

It's the biggest story in your lifetime.

The mainstream media has been accused of overhyping this topic, when in reality, they have grossly underestimated the impact it's going to have globally.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Breaking: The NHL is waiting until the Canucks fall out of a playoff spot to postpone the season.

Reactions: PM

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Jordanian people are absolute ***** to any Asian tourists. I witnessed a group of locals yelling at some tourists “why are you here? Go back to your country and stop trying to get us sick. Don’t spread your disease here”.

some various other comments have been made towards other tourists also

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Let's all be open to the idea that we may be underestimating the impact of this thing.

Reactions: PM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad