OT: OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
People still watch Formula 1?

I used to be a huge fan, got up at 5 AM for nearly every race until 10-12 years ago. Now it's just awful. A bunch of pubescent billionaire trust-fund babies driving computer-cars that sound like shit on terrible Tilke-tracks with zero consequences for mistakes. And Mercedes wins every race.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
People still watch Formula 1?
Yeah! There's been a renewed interest in F1 because of that Netflix series. And the sport's new, less-draconian ownership knows how to use social media.

Last edited:

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
NHL : we acquired a back up goalie and a 4th liner...HEAD LINE!!!

NBA: Here’s a former 1OA + 1st +2nd for the big FA signing you made this past summer

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
So what’s the deal with warnings on this site? I’ve been warned about trolling and I’d like to follow up with the mod who made the decision to warn.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So what’s the deal with warnings on this site? I’ve been warned about trolling and I’d like to follow up with the mod who made the decision to warn.
When a rule is violated a warning may be issued. Users can only view their own warnings. Standard warnings expire between 45 and 90 days time. There are 3 Levels of punishment that incrementally disable user functionality. Privileges are restored as points expire. Moderators may issue warnings for zero points which serve as reminders to adhere to the rules.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah! There's been a renewed interest in F1 because of that Netflix series. And the sport's new, less-draconian ownership knows how to use social media.

I mean, all the social media in the world can’t make the cars, tracks, and races all stop sucking.

I’ll watch Spa and Montreal because the tracks actually challenge the drivers and make for quality races. Other than that ... blech. I’d far rather find a Grand Prix from 30 years ago on YouTube and actually be entertained.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
1917 was a very good piece of filmmaking. I don't think there was more than 10 camera cuts in the whole film.

There was a cut almost anytime anything passed in front of the camera and took up the full frame, someone mapped out at least 34 cuts but there are probably a handful more.

I thought it was technically interesting, but that the long shot feel just felt like a total gimmick and found myself begging for cuts and different camera angles to add some variety. It just felt like very long Call of Duty follow scene before you have to actually do anything.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
There was a cut almost anytime anything passed in front of the camera and took up the full frame, someone mapped out at least 34 cuts but there are probably a handful more.

I thought it was technically interesting, but that the long shot feel just felt like a total gimmick and found myself begging for cuts and different camera angles to add some variety. It just felt like very long Call of Duty follow scene before you have to actually do anything.

They actually innovated a fair bit with it.

Yes the easiest way is to do a wipe transition when a tree or a poll goes in front of the action, and there are some other obvious cut points in this film to like when he is knocked out or the tunnel collapses.

Having said that it was fascinating to see how they did much of the filming. In the past in places they would have had to cut to change camera's now the found smooth transitions to get to drone or dolly shots and back to hand held or steady cam.

Reactions: NuxFan09 and timw33

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
NHL : we acquired a back up goalie and a 4th liner...HEAD LINE!!!

NBA: Here’s a former 1OA + 1st +2nd for the big FA signing you made this past summer
NHL probably has the second most boring trade deadline.

Rankings
1) NBA

2)MLB
3)NHL

4)NFL

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
Didn't we used to have a tickets thread?

Anyways, I'm looking for one single ticket to Saturday night's game vs. the Flames. My buddy and a friend are going, and the wive just gave me the hall pass.

I'm a cheap bastard, so upper bowl is probably all I'm looking for.

DM if you've got anything.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Somehow I have blown through 9 gb of data in 4 days and I dont have a clue how. I am on wifi almost all of the time, apparently instagram is using a shit ton of data but it makes no sense

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Somehow I have blown through 9 gb of data in 4 days and I dont have a clue how. I am on wifi almost all of the time, apparently instagram is using a **** ton of data but it makes no sense

I know if you have an android phone you can see how much data each app has using as well as preventing background data from being used by particular apps.

I have a Samsung s10 and if I just turn on data saver it does all that automatically.

Reactions: Hansen

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
1917 was a very good piece of filmmaking. I don't think there was more than 10 camera cuts in the whole film.
There was like close to 40 apparently (after a quick google search) but to make it look like it was all one shot is impressive. Small tricks that deceive the eye.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Somehow I have blown through 9 gb of data in 4 days and I dont have a clue how. I am on wifi almost all of the time, apparently instagram is using a **** ton of data but it makes no sense
Hot spot on and used by someone else?
Sometimes whatsapp and other apps drain your data even well your not using em

Try this, it worked for me: 7 apps that are quietly killing your data plan

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Jones didn’t deserve to win that fight. Although you gotta beat the champ to be the champ.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Jones didn’t deserve to win that fight. Although you gotta beat the champ to be the champ.
4/5 rounds it was pretty clear who won, the other it was a toss up so the champ get it. The one judge who gave 4 rounds to Jones should have his credentials revoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad