GDT: R2G1 - Avalanche @ Stars - 7:30PM - Nate Wick

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Final faceoff stats were 27-40, or only 40% for the Avs. I'm surprised it was this close as it sure seemed worse and Dallas was dominating the draws in the Avs end in OT.

Some people say it doesn't matter (Avs did win) but the Avs gifted too much puck possesion to Dallas.
If this team was average at faceoffs, we'd be unstoppable. It's a big problem of ours and puts undue pressure on our defense. I wish Mack was better at faceoffs but it is what it is.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I thought he was terrible in the 1st...... but who from the Avs wasn't..... And was worried he would cost the team the game. But he recovered nicely and was solid over most of his shifts.
The more I hear about this first period, the more I'm kinda glad I slept through it. Although I always love to see the full comeback it's never fun to watch the team struggle. Just wished I'd tuned in at 3-0 instead of 3-2.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
G was fantastic. Much better than game 6 vs the Jets. He chased down and took the puck away from Seguin a number of times tonight.
Game 6?
1715147162603.gif

I’m an unapologetic postseason Girard doubter, but how bad could he have been in a fictional game? :laugh:

Last edited:

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Kind of pathetic to be bitching about refs when you had 4 PPs and the Avs got 2 PPs. Not to mention the egregious amounts diving/embellishment (at least 4 or 5 just gross ones), the missed high stick on Toews, the blatant hook on 29 who would have a nice look otherwise, the 2 times Duchene grabbed 96 because he was beat.

I could go on but this was not won because the Avs got all the calls.
This one is my favorite. Oilers ding-dong invaded their board to drop this beaut.
Screenshot_20240507_235510_Chrome.jpg

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Admit I fell asleep on the east after 3. Watched it all after I woke back up. Great way to adjust in game one on the road in OT I feel.

A turning point in OT in my opinion was when JJ leveled a man early in OT. I feel it set the tempo for the rest of OT. Guy just has another level in the playoffs.

It set off a series of huge saves by Georgiev after that. He gave up 3 earlier in the game but he was really huge for the team from then on.

Man I have huge Wood after that finish!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad