OT: OT Thread Part 6: still got a new name faster than Seattle's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I guess you can always do what Supergirl says in your signature...

Nah, the writing was on the wall after her pregnancy. She deserves some time to herself and her family anyways, especially in this environment. I think she’ll make the occasional cameo though.

Reactions: ujju2

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
You know you teach in a small town when the wildlife officer brings in a caged adult black bear to show the kids.

:laugh:

...and the parents all see nothing wrong with it. Big city-the wildlife officer would be tarred and feathered for endangering children and the community.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

...and the parents all see nothing wrong with it. Big city-the wildlife officer would be tarred and feathered for endangering children and the community.

When you live in a community where you can almost guarantee that there will be some kind of interaction with wildlife in any given day (whether it is a deer running in front of your car or a moose in your yard), all forms of wildlife safety training is generally approved of.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
You know you teach in a small town when the wildlife officer brings in a caged adult black bear to show the kids.

I guess the name Al Oeming doesn't ring a bell. Not sure if he brought a bear to his school outings but he did bring his pet cheetah.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1720894019793

Gallery: Alberta Game Farm/Polar Park

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Sorry to break it to you but that show's terrible!

Unfortunately, Greg Berlanti allowed it to very much SJW than superhero and the characters and villains 2 dimensional. Same with Batwoman. Arrow was in the doldrums until the show runners focused on the main character and brought it back.

Legends of Tomorrow is fluff but the characters are interesting.

Flash and Black Lightning are the heavyweights, putting out strong story lines. I want to add Stargirl to the latter but have only seen the opening episode, which I liked.

Wish Canadian TV would pick up the last 3 shows. The CW has become difficult to watch the videos through proxy, although the webpages load. Flash and BL, I can order through iTunes. Stargirl can't be ordered in Canada yet.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Anyone else find this paragraph funny?

175B986B-FE30-4EFE-8366-69DF20A74800.jpeg

Gun runner from Gunn...

Edmonton Firearms Unit charges alleged gun runner | Edmonton Journal

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I guess the name Al Oeming doesn't ring a bell. Not sure if he brought a bear to his school outings but he did bring his pet cheetah.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1720894019793

Gallery: Alberta Game Farm/Polar Park

His grandson Robert Oeming owns ‘Polar Park Brewing’ that’s located off Whyte. Decent beer from what I’ve tried.

I remember going to the old ‘Polar Park’ a few years before it closed with my grandparents as a kid. It was definitely an interesting place and a relic of a bygone era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad