OT: OT Thread Part 6: still got a new name faster than Seattle's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I mean I know he shouldn't do that but the woman goes down like she's shot with a cannon. He just lobs it over. Was it a spare ball or was it a shot back in anger. i think he was just getting rid of a spare ball. Not sure what she was looking at. I mean if she was actually paying attention she could catch that ball easily.
Then she falls down like she's shot and in the after picture looking at him like he's just shot her.

She could work for the Canucks

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So yesterday was the first time ever that NHL, NBA, MLB, NFL, WNBA played on the same day. I think I might've missed a couple of other leagues

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This screenshot was sent to me and my colleagues in an attempt to shame and police my body. Well, I’m taking my power back.<br><br>To the nameless computer warrior(s) who try to reduce women into an outfit or a body part — this generation of women, doesn’t stand for harassment‍‍✌ <a href="https://t.co/fgGySbVTYy">pic.twitter.com/fgGySbVTYy</a></p>&mdash; Kori Sidaway (@korisidaway) <a href="">September 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
9 - 11 today.

I'll never forget the carnage I saw on tv getting ready for school that day. I saw the live feed of the South tower going down as I was about leave home. It was so wild my mind wanted to think that what was happening just wasn't real.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
9 - 11 today.

I'll never forget the carnage I saw on tv getting ready for school that day. I saw the live feed of the South tower going down as I was about leave home. It was so wild my mind wanted to think that what was happening just wasn't real.
I went to work after the first plane had hit. No one really knew what was going on. All I could think on my way to work was how the hell does a plane hit a tower. By the time I got to work it was obvious what had happened as the second plane had hit.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
9 - 11 today.

I was in high school at the time and the location of the school was near one of the airports where all the planes crossing the Atlantic needed to land when they shut down airspace. Nobody had any clue what was going on but every couple minutes we would hear a plane landing since the planes had to fly over the school to reach the airport. After awhile people were starting to question what the heck was going on at the airport with the constant noise up above. Once the lunch hour hit and some kids went home from lunch and saw/heard what was going on the TV/Radio news spread quickly and we all understood what was going on. Didn't see any images until i got home from school.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Living in Grande Prairie, I woke up at around 7 and turned on the TV. Saw the first tower on fire and thought that maybe a wayward plane hit the tower. Wasn't until the second one was hit that terrorism became the reason. Was noticing planes landing at the GP airport for a while but knew that nothing would happen, as the tallest building is 12 stories high.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I went to work after the first plane had hit. No one really knew what was going on. All I could think on my way to work was how the hell does a plane hit a tower. By the time I got to work it was obvious what had happened as the second plane had hit.

That was exactly my day as well. When the towers collapsed I just went home to watch the news on TV.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
9 - 11 today.

I was only a couple of miles from there when it happened. On my way home, the 10 mile walk from the city to my residence, crossing over the 59th Street bridge on foot with a whole bunch of other people while travel into the city was completely shut down and seeing the gigantic plume of smoke in downtown Manhattan with the towers no longer dotting the skyline was the most surreal moment of my life and something I'll never forget, to state the obvious.

The crazy thing is that I was working an insurance job straight out of college on the 65th floor of one of the towers the year before so it really hit home for me that I could have been one of those people trapped in there.
It feels like a lifetime ago now.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I'm still on part 2 of the covid novel and missed out on the fun. I thought @Cloned and @The Batman might reminisce on this:

Batman_Supergirl-670x317.jpg

Reactions: The Batman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->