OT: OT Thread Part 6: still got a new name faster than Seattle's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Well this is really OT. Was just looking up Celestine road in Jasper. Looked at different sites to see what road conditions are like now. Been a longtime since attempting this road. Not necessarily for right now but hopefully next year. This is a treacherous road with some hairpin turns and one lane cliff like tracks where you can't see any vehicles coming against you. For that reason the road has always had In/Out designated times of travel (that a lot of f***ers never heed) Lets just say right here that backing up to a passing point, on a cliff, on a one lane road, its not a good time..Mexican stand off on a one lane cliff face not fun either... On many stretches you don't want to be facing traffic on this road, at anytime. Thus the timed In/Out restrictions to stop that occurring.

But heres the scary thing. I was reading about 3 sites and there were comments from people that didn't comprehend what "In" meant or what "Out" meant. They couldn't figure it out. I was flabbergasted and testimony that idiots exist among us. Theres actually people staring at a sign on a trailhead that don't know which way "In" Is. A few people thought it meant "Into town" i.e. Jasper Townsite direction and I honestly don't know how somebody could have that lol interpretation.

hint. IN is the same as Enter. Where you enter the trail or designate road is IN, where you exit the road or trail is OUT. Apparently this needs explaining. lol, are the people going the wrong direction at the designated times idiots or are they not bothering to heed direction? Knowing this trail I got a cold sweat up my back knowing there are drivers, and 4X4 drivers out there that don't have the brain cells to comprehend a most basic sign.

They walk or drive among us...my lord. How do they figure out right of left lane? heh Gas or Brake pedal, R means Reverse..? ;)

This is the road sign. Its not a skill testing test. Yet several people don't comprehend it and argue about it. lol

282709.jpg

Last edited:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Well this is really OT. Was just looking up Celestine road in Jasper. Looked at different sites to see what road conditions are like now. Been a longtime since attempting this road. Not necessarily for right now but hopefully next year. This is a treacherous road with some hairpin turns and one lane cliff like tracks where you can't see any vehicles coming against you. For that reason the road has always had In/Out designated times of travel (that a lot of f***ers never heed) Lets just say right here that backing up to a passing point, on a cliff, on a one lane road, its not a good time..Mexican stand off on a one lane cliff face not fun either... On many stretches you don't want to be facing traffic on this road, at anytime. Thus the timed In/Out restrictions to stop that occurring.

But heres the scary thing. I was reading about 3 sites and there were comments from people that didn't comprehend what "In" meant or what "Out" meant. They couldn't figure it out. I was flabbergasted and testimony that idiots exist among us. Theres actually people staring at a sign on a trailhead that don't know which way "In" Is. A few people thought it meant "Into town" i.e. Jasper Townsite direction and I honestly don't know how somebody could have that lol interpretation.

hint. IN is the same as Enter. Where you enter the trail or designate road is IN, where you exit the road or trail is OUT. Apparently this needs explaining. lol, are the people going the wrong direction at the designated times idiots or are they not bothering to heed direction? Knowing this trail I got a cold sweat up my back knowing there are drivers, and 4X4 drivers out there that don't have the brain cells to comprehend a most basic sign.

They walk or drive among us...my lord. How do they figure out right of left lane? heh Gas or Brake pedal, R means Reverse..? ;)

This is the road sign. Its not a skill testing test. Yet several people don't comprehend it and argue about it. lol

282709.jpg

One needs a 2-way radio and give that they're going up/down.

Reactions: MesstoFace11

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
President Trump has issued a Presidential Permit allowing the crossing of the A2A (Alberta to Alaska) from Fort McMurray to Fairbanks. the existing line from Edmonton to Ft. will have to be upgraded. The kine westward would be new, possibly following the terrain until meeting with the Alaska highway. Then south from Fairbanks to Anchorage. Would be a major boon to Edmonton rail traffic.

Trump approves Alberta-Alaska rail line project; line would move oil, other resources

IN THE NEWS

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
President Trump has issued a Presidential Permit allowing the crossing of the A2A (Alberta to Alaska) from Fort McMurray to Fairbanks. the existing line from Edmonton to Ft. will have to be upgraded. The kine westward would be new, possibly following the terrain until meeting with the Alaska highway. Then south from Fairbanks to Anchorage. Would be a major boon to Edmonton rail traffic.

Trump approves Alberta-Alaska rail line project; line would move oil, other resources

IN THE NEWS

Does this mean there will be more trains blocking traffic at all the rail crossings in Edmonton?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
^^Disagree. Jesperson has lost it, it seems and not the first time. He was wrapped in the Diotte attacks as well. He's been on the attack a lot lately, and he's bringing that hostile stuff to media. Media has to be a bit responsible for what they state. Jesperson sure hasn't been.

That said I've never been a fan. Don't tend to be a fan of podcasts and such and people banging their own pulpit as media. We all have our views. I don't broadcast my specious views.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
^^Disagree. Jesperson has lost it, it seems and not the first time. He was wrapped in the Diotte attacks as well. He's been on the attack a lot lately, and he's bringing that hostile stuff to media. Media has to be a bit responsible for what they state. Jesperson sure hasn't been.

That said I've never been a fan. Don't tend to be a fan of podcasts and such and people banging their own pulpit as media. We all have our views. I don't broadcast my specious views.

That's fair. I edited my above post to reflect that I haven't even heard the Jesperson show so I'm coming at it from a totally neutral perspective. I also assume that the grief was about using the word chimpanzees and equating it to minorities. I don't see the connection in the 2 at all. Probably because I don't think in those terms. Maybe he should of called them "donuts" though....;)

EDIT: I have nothing against donuts as a food item.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
I had no idea this occured. Unfortunately for the Indiginous kids who experienced this, their lives can't matter until the black ones do.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I'm sorry but I really have to question this. And I'm as anti racist as you can get. This smacks of Political pandering to me to be honest.

EDIT: I've never listened to the show BTW.

It's just cancel culture from the right now. It goes both ways. I really liked Jesperson and he was one of the few reasons I bothered to turn on 630 Ched other than hockey games. I can't see myself bothering to listen any longer. I suspect folks at the station are looking for a way to cut loose Charles Adler now too now that he's not towing the conservative lines.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
It's just cancel culture from the right now. It goes both ways. I really liked Jesperson and he was one of the few reasons I bothered to turn on 630 Ched other than hockey games. I can't see myself bothering to listen any longer. I suspect folks at the station are looking for a way to cut loose Charles Adler now too now that he's not towing the conservative lines.

He had a big thing a couple weeks ago about how he's switched his allegiance to the liberals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad