OT: OT Thread Part 6: still got a new name faster than Seattle's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I hope he does, because I’ve been waiting for a fiscal conservative/social moderate candidate for ages. They’d pretty much get my vote without campaigning.

Yeah, I am basically the same. I don't think it's happening any time soon though. There are no good options currently.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I will always vote.
I used to vote for the person I wanted. Now I vote for the person who will hurt the least amount of people. Which pains me as well.
I'd love to want to vote for the Liberals, I really wish Trudeau would just step down as I honestly believe there are people in the party that are actually not dumb shits that could win the leadership election.

When push comes to shove, I will vote. Like you said, for the least destructive person/party.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Well if you want a look into the future if he’s elected (which he won’t be, I guarantee it) just look to the south.

Trust me, Erin isn't Trump. I say that (again) as someone who has spoken with him on multiple occasions and worked on his campaign that just ended.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Looking at it after a bit more research, I think MacKay would have been the best choice out of the 4. Both in terms of likelihood of winning PM and in terms of actually being a decent leader.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The thing is the train is only going to Calgary instead of across Canada, A total waste of money.
If it's going to take 10 years to build from Calgary to Edmonton, how long would it take to build across Canada?

I don't know that it will ever happen due to costs, but there are tens of millions of trips between Calgary and Edmonton a year, so I can see why someone would look at it.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
If it's going to take 10 years to build from Calgary to Edmonton, how long would it take to build across Canada?

I don't know that it will ever happen due to costs, but there are tens of millions of trips between Calgary and Edmonton a year, so I can see why someone would look at it.

If you got Bombardier to build the trains you would probably get unlimited funds from the Feds.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
How fitting is it that the deplorably ugly *New improved* Stanley Milner library is opening during a pandemic, The building itself isn't depressing enough, and they tried to delay and delay this opening until people were in a better mood, or forgot how much this renovation cost, or how butt ugly it is. Maybe its better to go with a complete mask and face shield. Opaque one preferably.

Sure to be a real party. Meet your favorite librarian and overspending councilor. See Bozo the clown describe how the library interior is really the best work of art ever, inspired by Dali and like the AGA capturing the North Sask river in motion, if anybody can ever get that connection...

For the rest of its a Tank with gun turret pointed squarely at City Hall. We might see joy yet...

We can't have nice things here. See the library before it ends up being a transient day stay hotel again. Injection needles and *balloons* free of charge. Bring the kiddies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
How fitting is it that the deplorably ugly *New improved* Stanley Milner library is opening during a pandemic, The building itself isn't depressing enough, and they tried to delay and delay this opening until people were in a better mood, or forgot how much this renovation cost, or how butt ugly it is. Maybe its better to go with a complete mask and face shield. Opaque one preferably.

Sure to be a real party. Meet your favorite librarian and overspending councilor. See Bozo the clown describe how the library interior is really the best work of art ever, inspired by Dali and like the AGA capturing the North Sask river in motion, if anybody can ever get that connection...

For the rest of its a Tank with gun turret pointed squarely at City Hall. We might see joy yet...

We can't have nice things here. See the library before it ends up being a transient day stay hotel again. Injection needles and *balloons* free of charge. Bring the kiddies.

The original concept by the architect

Nod_Predator_Tank.png

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

I just googled it to see what it looks like. The concept images compared to what it is now look nothing alike at all. They commission a 6 year old to draw lines n blocks on a piece of paper n call it a day? Cause that's what it looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad