OT: OT Non-ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
I love Rodgers. I think he's a great QB and probably the best QB on the planet today. I just started to like Dallas this year (after Seattle) because I have Prescott, Elliott, and Bryant in my fantasy pool and they won me the championship this year.

Ah well. Cheering on Green Bay going forward.

Rogers is the best, I just think he's arrogant and not a very nice guy. You ever see the 60 minutes interview of him? That made me dislike him.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Rogers is the best, I just think he's arrogant and not a very nice guy. You ever see the 60 minutes interview of him? That made me dislike him.

Nah didn't see that, but I know he's completely separated himself from his family.

I'm not a Packers fan, but I do respect how good he is. I'll join that bandwagon for a couple weeks. I can't stand New England, and don't care enough about Pittsburgh/KC to jump on their side. I'll probably be rooting for whoever wins between Green Bay/Atlanta in the Super Bowl.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Nah didn't see that, but I know he's completely separated himself from his family.

I'm not a Packers fan, but I do respect how good he is. I'll join that bandwagon for a couple weeks. I can't stand New England, and don't care enough about Pittsburgh/KC to jump on their side. I'll probably be rooting for whoever wins between Green Bay/Atlanta in the Super Bowl.

Anyone can win except New England.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Pretty much. I picked them in my pick'em because they're a great team, and if they do win then I can win some money at least. Will be spending my 6th consecutive Super Bowl down in Vegas.

Sadly they're a pretty safe pick to win the SB, but hopefully someone can knock them out, hopefully in the big game.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

Ever see any of his Cabbie interviews? He comes across as a cool down to earth guy most of the time.

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
Sadly they're a pretty safe pick to win the SB, but hopefully someone can knock them out, hopefully in the big game.

Pittsburgh could seriously surprise everyone and win the whole thing, I think. For interest sake, Green Bay vs. New England would be the best matchup.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Pittsburgh could seriously surprise everyone and win the whole thing, I think. For interest sake, Green Bay vs. New England would be the best matchup.

I hope so because I hate the Patriots. I'd cheer for any team before them.

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
order from most-wanted to win to least-wanted to win

packers
falcons
major gap
patriots
steelers

I think I hate all these teams. Each has their own negative history versus Seattle.

So disappointing Seattle is not there this year. Hoping they fix up their O-line this off season. I wonder if they cut Jimmy Graham loose? What about Kam?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The Cavs-Warriors game is a massive let down

NBA is the worst of the four major sports in North America, IMO. The Cavs/Warriors games are good but not good enough for me to go out of my way to watch. That league is like a 4-5 team league.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
NBA is the worst of the four major sports in North America, IMO. The Cavs/Warriors games are good but not good enough for me to go out of my way to watch. That league is like a 4-5 team league.

Couldn't have said it any better. Competitive and meaningful basketball is definitely an entertaining product, but very little of the NBA's schedule is competitive and meaningful. That league needs to implement a stronger salary cap and they need to do it badly.

I still probably prefer it over the MLB though.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Couldn't have said it any better. Competitive and meaningful basketball is definitely an entertaining product, but very little of the NBA's schedule is competitive and meaningful. That league needs to implement a stronger salary cap and they need to do it badly.

I still probably prefer it over the MLB though.

It's disgusting how all the star players just go to the same team. Kevin Durant is a disgrace. It's the same ****ing teams every year and I am willing to bet it'll be another Warriors/Cavs final.

Exciting.

****ing baseball has more parity now.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
It's disgusting how all the star players just go to the same team. Kevin Durant is a disgrace. It's the same ****ing teams every year and I am willing to bet it'll be another Warriors/Cavs final.

Exciting.

****ing baseball has more parity now.

People used to complain about stars chasing money. Now we have a sport where players prioritize playing with their friends for good teams and it's actually worse. :dunno:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
People used to complain about stars chasing money. Now we have a sport where players prioritize playing with their friends for good teams and it's actually worse. :dunno:

Nothing has changed except they're doing both those things now.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I think I hate all these teams. Each has their own negative history versus Seattle.

So disappointing Seattle is not there this year. Hoping they fix up their O-line this off season. I wonder if they cut Jimmy Graham loose? What about Kam?

Psssshhh. You guys are so spoiled. Disappointed you only made it to the divisional round.

Though and interesting tidbit that all 4 teams have beaten the Hawks in the playoffs. That is rare considering a team will have to have lost in the SB twice, to 2 different teams, and those two teams play each other in the Conference Championship game.

And not only that, it is the same QB's for those games. I wonder if that has ever happened before?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Any cell phone plan experts here? My two year contract with Rogers is about to run out and I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone 6 and don't plan on getting a new phone until Apple retrieves their head from their ass and gives me back my headphone jack. Also not switching to any non-apple like Google or Samsung or what not. Paying about $70 a month for 500mb of data, voicemail and call display, unlimited text and 200 minutes which I never go over. I could stick with my current plan on month to month but now that I've paid off my phone entirely it feels like I'm giving them money for free which I'm not cool with because I hate them.

Anyone got any tips here or past experience with this? Trying to arm myself with as much knowledge about this as possible before I phone them and go through the grind. I'd like to stay with Rogers if possible as I get decent coverage with them compared to my past experience with Bell and Telus but I have no loyalty to any of these jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad