OT Non-Ski Resort Thread Part ∞+1: Oh Summer, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
So I bought Ark on Steam and I've literally never played a game that loads this slowly.

Yeah, it's a pretty terribly optimized game. You need a god-like computer to run it on high settings (and a pretty good gaming PC to even run it at all).

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Yeah, it's a pretty terribly optimized game. You need a god-like computer to run it on high settings (and a pretty good gaming PC to even run it at all).

My PC isn't very good, but I have no problems with it, though I just run it on low because I don't really care. For like 15 years I played this 2D MMO called Tibia because it was hardcore as **** with open pvp, really good combat system (for PVP, the PVE was absolute trash) and really big death penalties. The downside is it ruined gaming for me because no game comes close, aside from maybe EVE online but it's too slow. The upside is I can put up with meh graphics if the gameplay warrants it.

I feel I'll get pretty bored of this game relatively quick, though.

I run it on low with an i3 and Radeon 7800 and my temperatures never hit 50, so I feel like I could probably run it on decent settings without a problem. It's just connecting to a server takes forever and I don't understand why. I had games load faster on the PS2 than this. Once you're in you're in though, so it's not so bad. Will just suck if our base is getting raided and my friends call for help and I have to say "Oh yeah I'm loading so like see you in a few minutes good luck"

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Why are people jerks?

Not enough Unconditional Love. Been Around The World, Cant You see, it's always been Mo Money, Mo Problems. Thugs Get Lonely Too, but Life Goes On. Get Money Runnin From Tha Police, the Sky's The Limit.

Just remember the Lord Knows, so make some Changes, Keep Ya Head Up. If My Homie Calls Keep Ya Head Up, Smile, Toss It Up! When We Ride On Our Enemies Things Done Changed. California Love Until The End of Time.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
That entire post was made up of their song titles.

Glad someone figured it out. You have restored some of my faith in today's youth.

One day I'll make Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys references to the youth, and say how proud I am when they get them :yo:

Or maybe some Miley ones lel

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver

that comment. wow.

2gxJXKP.jpg

much spooky

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Not enough Unconditional Love. Been Around The World, Cant You see, it's always been Mo Money, Mo Problems. Thugs Get Lonely Too, but Life Goes On. Get Money Runnin From Tha Police, the Sky's The Limit.

Just remember the Lord Knows, so make some Changes, Keep Ya Head Up. If My Homie Calls Keep Ya Head Up, Smile, Toss It Up! When We Ride On Our Enemies Things Done Changed. California Love Until The End of Time.

2pac and Biggie?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Mine too. But I'm also in south Burnaby so that's not saying much different.

Also, I hate Halloween. Love mini chocolate bars tho.

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Mine too. But I'm also in south Burnaby so that's not saying much different.

Also, I hate Halloween. Love mini chocolate bars tho.

Oh yeah. You're around Highgate, right? Might even be the same block. :laugh:

And I've always loved Hallowe'en. My birthday's on the 29th, so it always gave me an extra reason to party on in my younger, wilder days.

Now I'm older and more boring. But even though I'm now 42, I still get carded at the liquor store. It's actually getting really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad