OT: New Canadian Soccer League?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also really got to hand it to Forge, a free authentic jersey for each season ticket holder this season. Are other teams doing that?

Reactions: sabremike

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
OK, I now have a new favourite team in this competition! Oskie Wee Wee!!! We already have Pigskin Pete, do we now get Soccer Sam???

While that is a distinct possibility, given the team name is Forge, I'm likely expecting something along the lines of a Blacksmith.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The CPL just announced their partnership with ticket master. That's a good sign, easy access to tickets!

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
And it's awful to go watch soccer in Ottawa for that very reason. Ugly and dangerous artifical field + stands very far.

Ottawa have small crowds and we will see for Hamilton and Winnipeg, Winnipeg especially with the stadium in the middle of nowhere and the stands even further away, basically you can't get any worst stadiums that those for soccer.

If they want to have succes, small 5k 10k stadiums for soccer only and real grass is the way to go.

And ticketmaster means very high fees for no good reason.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If they want to have succes, small 5k 10k stadiums for soccer only and real grass is the way to go.

Real grass is well and good, but quite expensive to keep up in smaller markets with poor climate conditions. Unfortunate as it is, you tend to see a lot of artificial grass in countries that experience real winter (Scandinavia, Russia, etc.), or where there is grass it tends to look like shit. Not that I don't agree, soccer played on artificial grass always looks farcical.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
If the season starts late April certainly they can have real grass in most places. Artificial field for soccer means less quality games and more injuries for players and an ugly look for tv and fans.

And for those who have never seen soccer in CFL stadiums I hope you will get back here and share your impressions after seeing games in Hamilton for example.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Real grass is well and good, but quite expensive to keep up in smaller markets with poor climate conditions. Unfortunate as it is, you tend to see a lot of artificial grass in countries that experience real winter (Scandinavia, Russia, etc.), or where there is grass it tends to look like ****. Not that I don't agree, soccer played on artificial grass always looks farcical.

Actually there are different types of grass now, some that can withstand harsher conditions, like Desso Grassmaster is quite good, so really there isn't much of an excuse to not play on grass anymore.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Pseudo Soccer, I refuse to watch it. It's ugly, dangerous and the quality of play is tremendously reduced.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Big announcement coming later tonight. Hoping it's something to do with viewing the games whether it be a tv deal or streaming service.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The league needs TSN and right now TSN needs it because they lost the Champions League Europa League and EPL, streaming services won't get you anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad