OT: OT: MTL Impact Thread - Now Is The Winter Of Our Discontent Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2010
It sucks, but they honestly played better only the first 60 minutes of the series.

Wish list:
Tall CB to compete with Cabrera
Striker to compete with Mancosu
Give Ballou chance to compete with Oduro for a spot.

And let's go Sounders!

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
this was lost in second half of first game when Biello didn't sub out his tired midfielders...
**** it's frustrating...
and today those ****ing set pieces and subbing out mancosu..STUPID.
Drogba is done--can't run, kills the transition game..always looking for the long bomb
and loses it in possession...

so close...

let's go sounders

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
It sucks, but they honestly played better only the first 60 minutes of the series.

Wish list:

And let's go Sounders!

I agree with the 1st 2 points.

We had 3 players to compete at RW, Ontivero, Venegas and Oduro. The 1st was never heard of, not even sure he still is in Montreal, the 2nd showed some promise in the middle and the 3rd was an x factor on many occasions later in the season. He's been clutch against Orlando, Toronto the 1st leg, earlier in the season NYCFC, Columbus. Having someone to compete with him for a spot would be a big disrespect.

Don't forget we have Romero who's RW too.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

Wish list:

And let's go Sounders!

My wish list is midfielders. Actually. Toronto had options to change their formation and play something else. We knew exactly what would the starting 11 be. Predictable.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I admit that I am new at this sport. but something is saw very clearly last night.
Size matters. over and over again thew impact players were losing the one on one due to size. Yes the Impact are a good team but too many smallish guys. Impact lose all the head shots due to being SHORTER.
Impact need a few basketball players out there.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
and Oduro, I've been defending him left and right from last year. I knew he was gonna have a good season but I didn't expect him to be such an X factor btw. He's already 22 games away from 100 games with us. Quite incredible :amazed: seemed like he got traded from Toronto yesterday...

Giving the Camara a starting spot, not so sure anymore. He was solid most of the season but he isn't a big game player.

They'll have a few days to decide on who to exercise options for next year. Shipp and Venegas have great values, it'd be a bit dumb to just let them go for free even tho I doubt either will come back.

GONE : Mallace, JGL(certain he'll stay in France), Bekker, Kronberg, Drogba

We could lose Bernardello/Donadel (expansion draft)

I protect : Bush, Ciman, Piatti, Oduro, Romero, Cabrera, Toia, Oyongo, Camara, Shipp, Venegas

that leaves Bernier, Bernardello, Donadel, Drogba, Lefevre, Bekker, Mallace and Kronberg exposed. Dunno if we have to protect Mancosu

Bernadello and Donadel will probably be protected. I wouldn't protect Shipp or Romero.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I admit that I am new at this sport. but something is saw very clearly last night.
Size matters. over and over again thew impact players were losing the one on one due to size. Yes the Impact are a good team but too many smallish guys. Impact lose all the head shots due to being SHORTER.
Impact need a few basketball players out there.

Even more important in MLS because physical contact are tolerated. Many of those aerial duels would be called fouls in european leagues.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
15267877_1895515520668302_8155058216819048858_n.jpg

Felipe is a clown. Coming from the worst (or at least one of the worst) diver in the league... that's rich.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I thought I'd feel better this morning but nope. Nope, nope, nope.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Kei Kamara HAS to come to Montreal.

Other than that we need to find another high level young DP like Ontivero who should be released soon. A young fierced n.6 is also a must.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Still pissed about yesterday. Losing to freaking Toronto makes it 100x worse for me and I can only guess how some of you long time fans are feeling since I've been an Impact fan for only 3 years. Hopefully there's going to be a glorious summer for us sons of York down the line.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Probably the sole good news of yesterday, canadian homegrown players, they will no longer be considered as international players on US teams.

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/soccer/2016/12/01/la-passion-jusqua-la-fin/
La MLS et Soccer Canada ont profité de la rencontre d’hier pour annoncer des changements aux règlements concernant les joueurs canadiens. En gros, les joueurs canadiens formés dans une académie d’un club de la MLS ou un club juvénile approuvé et qui signent leur premier contrat professionnel avec une équipe du circuit Garber ou en USL ne prendront plus de place de joueur international s’ils jouent pour une équipe américaine. Cette mesure ne touche pas les joueurs plus âgés, mais c’est un pas dans la bonne direction qui devrait donner plus d’options aux jeunes espoirs canadiens. Ce n’est pas parfait, mais c’est un pas dans la bonne direction.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I protect : Bush, Ciman, Piatti, Oduro, Romero, Cabrera, Toia, Oyongo, Camara, Shipp, Venegas

that leaves Bernier, Bernardello, Donadel, Drogba, Lefevre, Bekker, Mallace and Kronberg exposed. Dunno if we have to protect Mancosu

I would protect:

Ciman, Cabrera, Camara, Piatti, Donadel, Bernadello, Oyongo, Mancosu (they don't say anything about loan contracts), Salazar, Bush (I feel like not protecting him) and Venegas

Only homegrown and GA players can't be picked. Salazar isn't a GA, same for Fisher and Williams I believe!?

Romero hasn't played since forever so I doubt he's gonna get picked. I would protect one of Shipp or Venegas.. but then I believe Venegas could be sold at higher value to some European or South American club. Keep in mind that only 10 players will be picked in the draft (5 for Minn, 5 for Atlanta) and if one of those teams pick one player in our team, both teams can't pick another player from our team. My guess is that we have to protect our most VALUE-able players.

We also need some help in the midfield as we will likely be thin next year if Bernier retires, JGL and Bekker are gone. I believe they'll keep Mallace around though. I would likely target Benoit Cheyrou, I know JunglePete keeps talking about him but he'd be a nice addition to some midfield rotation or play in when the other guys are injured.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I would protect:

Ciman, Cabrera, Camara, Piatti, Donadel, Bernadello, Oyongo, Mancosu (they don't say anything about loan contracts), Salazar, Bush (I feel like not protecting him) and Venegas

Only homegrown and GA players can't be picked. Salazar isn't a GA, same for Fisher and Williams I believe!?

Romero hasn't played since forever so I doubt he's gonna get picked. I would protect one of Shipp or Venegas.. but then I believe Venegas could be sold at higher value to some European or South American club. Keep in mind that only 10 players will be picked in the draft (5 for Minn, 5 for Atlanta) and if one of those teams pick one player in our team, both teams can't pick another player from our team. My guess is that we have to protect our most VALUE-able players.

We also need some help in the midfield as we will likely be thin next year if Bernier retires, JGL and Bekker are gone. I believe they'll keep Mallace around though. I would likely target Benoit Cheyrou, I know JunglePete keeps talking about him but he'd be a nice addition to some midfield rotation or play in when the other guys are injured.

Where is Ciman??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad