OT: OT: MTL Impact Thread - Now Is The Winter Of Our Discontent Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kant Think

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 30, 2007
Gatineau
Not a soccer fan at all so honestly I didn't even realize this was a big game until I came into the thread to close it. So this was our end of year game? Sorry folks.

Yes it was.

We have the remaining of the winter as warmth to console ourselves from this ignominy.

Damn I`m posting a lot tonight.

BigFatPapa

Oct 7, 2003
This is the club's 5th year in the MLS. 3 playoffs qualifications, 1 eastern conference final, 1 CONCACAF final. As much as today's loss hurts, I can't feel that let down by the organization.

The expansion fee was spread over a 5 year period and despite this, Saputo invested in a top of the line training facility, the academy and more importantly, a world class player in Drogba. This is not the cheap owner that many called him out to be as recently as 2 years ago.

With the expansion fees finally out of the way and the training facilities built, I expect major investments on player acquisitions in the short term. Add the potential of young players pitching in (Ballou, Crépeau, Choinière...), this is a team with a bright future that I am proud to be cheering for.

Consider my season tickets renewed. Allez Montréal!

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I will never forget 2009 in the rain.

I will never forget the opener in 2012.

I will never forget driving 300km to watch a Champion's League game on a Wednesday, in the rain, against some unknown club from Haiti.

I will never forget the countless games I went to with my friends.

I will never forget the 2-0 game against Alajelense at the Big O.

I will never forget the huge 'Allez Montreal" chant before the finals against America.

I will never forget DD scoring three goals in his first start.

I will never forget how loud the Big O was last week.

This team has given me so many nice moments with so many people I love. IMFC est définitivement mon club de coeur.

I will never forget Cameron Porter's last minute goal against Pachuca. Most emotions at a sports event in my entire life.

I feel like we will make many more memories with this Impact team.

This kid is our future. We should be gathering behind him as soon as next season!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Cabrera was brutal , Camara Ciman and Bush had meh games...

This one was on our D ... They have to get bigger on the back end , always conceding goals on set plays is ****ing annoying!!!

And why there wasn't someone on the post on that Altidore goal , like wtf Bielo?!!!

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
@myvelouria Yeah, I guess we could make the old joke about how we want the IMFC to be our pall bearers when we pass on so they can let us down one last time...

Anyways, the question remains, any important dates in the offseason? Anything like a draft, free agency, transfer windows etc?

MLS Cup is on December 10th.
Expansion Draft for Minnesota and Atlanta is on Dec 13th. (confirmed)
The Re-Entry Draft and Waivers thingy are like 1 week later (I believe.. last year it was Dec 11th and 20th)
Winter transfer window for Europe starts Jan 1st
MLS SuperDraft is on Jan 13th (confirmed) (we are drafting 19th)

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Oyongo deserves a lot of credit for the year/progression he has had. We're really lucky to have him.

and Oduro, I've been defending him left and right from last year. I knew he was gonna have a good season but I didn't expect him to be such an X factor btw. He's already 22 games away from 100 games with us. Quite incredible :amazed: seemed like he got traded from Toronto yesterday...

Giving the Camara a starting spot, not so sure anymore. He was solid most of the season but he isn't a big game player.

They'll have a few days to decide on who to exercise options for next year. Shipp and Venegas have great values, it'd be a bit dumb to just let them go for free even tho I doubt either will come back.

GONE : Mallace, JGL(certain he'll stay in France), Bekker, Kronberg, Drogba

We could lose Bernardello/Donadel (expansion draft)

I protect : Bush, Ciman, Piatti, Oduro, Romero, Cabrera, Toia, Oyongo, Camara, Shipp, Venegas

that leaves Bernier, Bernardello, Donadel, Drogba, Lefevre, Bekker, Mallace and Kronberg exposed. Dunno if we have to protect Mancosu

Last edited:

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com

I really think he's coming.... read the comments

He'd be a great addition to our group of forwards. A player that can actually make good headers.

Nacho, Mancosu, Oduro, Kamara and Ballou. Pretty darn good.

Put in Nacho with Donadel, Hernan and the new comer Dzemaili. Sign me a good central Defender or full back.

Bush and Crepeau please as back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad