OT: General OT Thread #36: Because #35 was too Demanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Going to see Tottenham-ManU and Tottenham-Fulham on December 27th and 28th in London. Going to be awesome.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Going to see Tottenham-ManU and Tottenham-Fulham on December 27th and 28th in London. Going to be awesome.

Jealous. Are you a Spurs fan, or just happened to get tickets to both those games? Should be awesome. COYS :handclap:

I know we play away at Leicester on the 26th, and then home against Man U on the 28th. I don't see anything on the 27th, and I can't imagine they'd play 3 games in 3 days. Is the Fulham match a U21 match or something?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Jealous. Are you a Spurs fan, or just happened to get tickets to both those games? Should be awesome. COYS :handclap:

I know we play away at Leicester on the 26th, and then home against Man U on the 28th. I don't see anything on the 27th, and I can't imagine they'd play 3 games in 3 days. Is the Fulham match a U21 match or something?
I'm not a fan, but we just managed to get tickets for two games.

I'm not sure what the other game is, since my dad booked the tickets. :laugh: We'll see. Might be a U21 match in that case or something. He's not a fan either, but we are visiting London with some family friends so we thought it might be cool to check that out. I've already seen Man City and Arsenal live in Helsinki from Premier League teams.

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not a fan, but we just managed to get tickets for two games.

I'm not sure what the other game is, since my dad booked the tickets. :laugh: We'll see. Might be a U21 match in that case or something. He's not a fan either, but we are visiting London with some family friends so we thought it might be cool to check that out. I've already seen Man City and Arsenal live in Helsinki from Premier League teams.
Yeah, I am guessing the Fulham match is a U21 or U18 match, I don't see it on any fixture lists. But regardless, Man U at White Hart Lane will be a crazy!

Hopefully Spurs get a win and make you a fan, haha ;)

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Yeah, I am guessing the Fulham match is a U21 or U18 match, I don't see it on any fixture lists. But regardless, Man U at White Hart Lane will be a crazy!

Hopefully Spurs get a win and make you a fan, haha ;)

Manchester City has been my Premier league team so far, but I prefer Real Madrid. :laugh:

I've always liked Spurs though.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Traded in some books my crazy grandma gave me that I would never read and got a bunch of store credit, then went and got two Stephen King books, two Tom Clancy books, and two Star Wars books for a grand total of $4.23

Aww yiss.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
The Sons of Anarchy series finale was tonight.

It was terrible.

Just an altogether bad last season.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
The Sons of Anarchy series finale was tonight.

It was terrible.

Just an altogether bad last season.

Like last season of Dexter bad? That season was so bad that the Dexter sub-reddit had a discussion thread for a breaking bad episode so they could discuss something good.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Like last season of Dexter bad? That season was so bad that the Dexter sub-reddit had a discussion thread for a breaking bad episode so they could discuss something good.

No way was it as bad as Dexter.

Honestly, I liked the final season of SoA. They realized they were getting a bit far up their own *****, and started going to ridiculous lengths to clean up outstanding issues. At least there really aren't a ton of unanswered questions.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
How is this OT thread already at almost 1000 posts? Seems like a few weeks ago we were coming up with the names for it.

For #37 it's gotta be Harding related in some way.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

Don't know. Never seen Dexter before.

S1-3 of Sons was fantastic television.

There was a steady decline with some fantastic individual moments/episodes from S4-S7.

Then this ending was just...bad. Sutter (the creator) was trying so hard to be all artsy and memorable and high level but it just turned out corny, dumb, and cheesy. The ending sequence was supposed to be this sad melodramatic thing but I could not help but laugh at how badly it was put together.

Bad.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Don't know. Never seen Dexter before.

S1-3 of Sons was fantastic television.

There was a steady decline with some fantastic individual moments/episodes from S4-S7.

Then this ending was just...bad. Sutter (the creator) was trying so hard to be all artsy and memorable and high level but it just turned out corny, dumb, and cheesy. The ending sequence was supposed to be this sad melodramatic thing but I could not help but laugh at how badly it was put together.

Bad.

Would have to agree with this.

[spoil]The gal and I were watching the final sequence and all we could say was, "Gee, all the vehicles involved are going awfully slow." It was corny for sure.

And I knew exactly what was going to happen once the viewers weren't privy to what happened at the end of the Indian Hills meeting with Jax. I knew that he was going to accept the consequences of his actions, pay the ultimate price/sacrifice and be allowed to tie up loose ends to protect the club and then die just like his dad. Thought it was way too predictable. But that's just me.[/spoil]

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I don't know, I didn't think the Sons Finale was terrible, though I'd agree that the very end was a little cheesy. The fact that Sutter has referenced Hamlet so many times when talking about the series gives you a pretty good idea of what was going to happen during the last season. If anything, it was just too predictable. I was just happy that most of the loose ends were tied up and gave the series some closure.

How is this OT thread already at almost 1000 posts? Seems like a few weeks ago we were coming up with the names for it.

For #37 it's gotta be Harding related in some way.

OT Thread #37: So mad, we could kick a wall

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Let's get punny! (This must've been on NHL.com already)

#37 It's a Harding's night

You know, refers to the Beatles' song. :rolleyes:

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
We're getting two inches of rain tomorrow. People are freaking out. Schools are closed. Boss told us to consider working from home.

This place is ****ing weird.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Schools are closed for 2 inches of RAIN? Good Lord....

Rain with sustained wind at 20-30 mph, gusts up to 50-80 mph depending on location. 3-5 inches expected, via weather.com. Last time SF got this much rain was in 1998, so the city isn't exactly accustomed to this. Mud/rockslides possible in California.

I mean it's not 3 feet of snow or anything but it's not like its a calm 2 inches of rain either.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Time to blow this joint!

57119-Breaking-Bad-WHAT-gif--WAT-WOT-Hvie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad