OT: General OT Thread #36: Because #35 was too Demanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I mean, I get that, at it's core, a protest is supposed to be disruptive. But I just feel like blocking off probably one of the busiest freeways in a major metropolitan area is a little over the top...

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Stayed up until 1am watching Cheers on Netflix and sipping on rum. Not the best idea. Wife woke me up at four, baby is on the way a few weeks early, at the hospital now.

Good luck!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Come up with something original why don't ya?? :rant:

;)

ummm-no.gif

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Stayed up until 1am watching Cheers on Netflix and sipping on rum. Not the best idea. Wife woke me up at four, baby is on the way a few weeks early, at the hospital now.

Hopefully everything goes well. Good luck, and don't forget to bring her flowers.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Speaking of babies, apparently a "push present" is a thing? Getting your wife/gf a present after the baby is born?

I've been single for over a year now, so I won't have to worry about this for a while (hopefully!), but I would have never thought to get a present for wife/gf after the baby was born.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Speaking of babies, apparently a "push present" is a thing? Getting your wife/gf a present after the baby is born?

Eh, yeah. When my lady gives birth her present will be the fact that I was in the delivery room with her instead of the waiting room. And for being so patient during all of her yelling, whining and complaining during her crazy pregnant lady mood swings.

:sarcasm:

Joshin'. Probably flowers, yeah.

Good luck, Jarick!

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota

I've been single for over a year now, so I won't have to worry about this for a while (hopefully!), but I would have never thought to get a present for wife/gf after the baby was born.

Never heard of it.

Eh, yeah. When my lady gives birth her present will be the fact that I was in the delivery room with her instead of the waiting room. And for being so patient during all of her yelling, whining and complaining during her crazy pregnant lady mood swings.

:sarcasm:

Joshin'. Probably flowers, yeah.

Good luck, Jarick!

You have no idea how right you are. :laugh:

Try to get some sleep, Jarick! I ended up staying up for about 30 hours when my son was born. I know it's not your first, but that's my wish for you. Good luck!

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Baby was born last night. We were technically one day premature so they have to monitor for 24 hours but everyone is healthy and happy. So much easier than when my son was born five weeks early and spend two weeks in NICU.

I did get her a push present, a $300 touchscreen laptop from Black Friday. My wife doesn't ask for much and I needed a windows computer at home to log in for work if needed.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad