OT: General OT Thread #36: Because #35 was too Demanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Congratulations GMAN23 on the title; in honor of Darcy Kuemper's legacy. :handclap:

Previous Threads:

#1: This One's Retired For You
#2: Yes We Did!
#3: Modern Day William Randolph Hearst
#4: This Game Needs A White Girl
#5: "Demonstration On Popping A Cherry" Edition
#6: Shep Harder Edition
#7: "James Sheppard Memorial Popcorn Machine" Edition
#8: Mike Yeo's Hair Conditioner
#9: Beating The Mayans To The End Of The World
#10: Got The Shootout Moves Like Seto
#11: 11 Cent Beers Be Damned, Bring A NHL Team To The Twin Cities!
#12: vApathy and vDisillusionment
#13: "GopherState Memorial Appreciation" Edition*
#14: The FSN Sisterhood Of The Traveling LaPantas
#15: "Too Many #$@!ing Turtlenecks" Edition
#16: With A Name Like Zucker, It Has To Be Good
#17: Screw Willy, Free Agency
#18: A Deal With A Devil Caught Us A Predator
#19: The *insert an Olympic Village joke here* Edition
#20: Ryan Suter Always Tips Spurgeon 20%
#21: Buying Out Drinks Like We're Mark Parrish
#22: If Hockey's A Sport Best Locked Out, Put On Your Sunday Finest
#23: It's Not Even Fehr
#24: Here's Looking At You, Boogey
#25: Rock Out With Your Lock Out
#26: The #NHLisback Edition
#27: Bacon - Tasty And Good For Your Blue Line
#28: Hoppy's Luck Guides Our Puck
#29: Welcome To Pominville-Where Goals Come Better Than Girl Advice
#30: BNTG doesn't have time for your cap
#31: Wild Wish Offense Was As Potent As Fel
#32: It's All Heatley's Fault
#33: In Memory of Sergei Zholtok
#34: GopherState Memorial Appreciation Edition* Memorial Edition
#35: Generic User Finally Gets A Dynamic Title

The season needs to start now! :walrus:

Billy Mays Here*

I feel like I'm missing out on some damn good tv since I haven't watched any in at least four years (tv shows that is). Only time I seem to watch tv anymore is for sports.

And are headaches the result of thought or something? Because the only time mine go away is when I ignore them for at least half an hour and focus on something else, along with painkillers of course. But even with painkillers if I'm focusing on a headache at all it refuses to go away no matter how much time has passed. Only thing that works is getting my mind off of it.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I feel like I'm missing out on some damn good tv since I haven't watched any in at least four years (tv shows that is). Only time I seem to watch tv anymore is for sports.

We're definitely in the golden age of tv right now. The small screen is dominating Hollywood, when it comes to quality. IMO

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
We're definitely in the golden age of tv right now. The small screen is dominating Hollywood, when it comes to quality. IMO

There is so much variety is what is the big thing, IMO.

Most movies today follow one of a few proven formulas. Thankfully for me, I enjoy almost all of those movies and seemingly have a movie or two that I want to see almost every week for the entire year.

TV shows, on the other hand, venture out a bit more. Sure, you have the 10000 different law/cop/doctor dramas that get boring and repetitive, but there is also a ton of other good stuff out there. It is pretty darn awesome.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Scotland is voting on independence from Britain today, and it's a very tight race. Haven't been this interested in an election in probably six years or so.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I got into the Indian Prime Minister election in May, only because the lady is from there. I hope Scotland gets independence, though. As long as they do it for themselves and not to spite Britain and the U.K.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Scottish independence might cause a snowball effect and ultimately lead to the destruction of European Union as an institution.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Pancheros vs. Chipotle vs. Qdoba

Go.

Just kidding, Pancheros automatically wins because the other two are terrible imitations.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Never had Pancheros but there is a Qdoba here in town that is okay.

Four hour drive to the nearest Chipotle. I've had a gift card sitting in my wallet for months because we never go there.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The Qdoba in Dinkytown is open til like 4 AM. And it's only a block away from Blarneys. "Yeah dude I can totally eat 2 burritos, I'm so hungry!" wake up the next morning with 1.5 burritos sitting on the table.

That happened a few times :laugh:

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The Qdoba in Dinkytown is open til like 4 AM. And it's only a block away from Blarneys. "Yeah dude I can totally eat 2 burritos, I'm so hungry!" wake up the next morning with 1.5 burritos sitting on the table.

That happened a few times :laugh:

i remember when Sally's had like 10 cent wing nights, where we would get loaded and be like "who wants to get 100 wings for 10 bucks?!" sit down, drink more, eat like 10 wings and be like "WHO THE EFF ORDERED SO MANY WINGS?!"

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I bet Finnish Subway is the best.

"I'll have a kangaroo combo with shrimp and extra boar."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad