OT: OT: 2018 Football Thread III: Well, the Giants suck, anyway!

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Interested to see how the Todd Gurley narrative plays out.

Highest paid RB in football history touched the ball 15 total times between the NFC championship game and the Super Bowl.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

Highest paid RB in football history touched the ball 15 total times between the NFC championship game and the Super Bowl.

If he's not injured, there's simply no explanation. I understand teams playing committees to keep guys fresh, but not when you have arguably the best player at his position, and especially not when the guy that's rotating is an off the street rando.

Truly baffling.

Reactions: Bob Richards

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't know what constitutes a good football game, but damn, I'm never going make a crack about NHL on NBC ever again. Who was the broadcaster who just kept trailing off mid-sentence? And the extended sequence after the game of middle-aged people trampling Tom Brady was straight up uncomfortable to watch.

Reactions: Crease

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I don't know what constitutes a good football game, but damn, I'm never going make a crack about NHL on NBC ever again. Who was the broadcaster who just kept trailing off mid-sentence? And the extended sequence after the game of middle-aged people trampling Tom Brady was straight up uncomfortable to watch.

I'm the furthest thing from a "please like my sport guy" but I do wish football could shift to something more like the NHL.

I want to see the players celebrate the moment after victory with each other and everyone just takes it in. Instead they run the gauntlet against a horde of security, press, back up press, back up press security, the peanut gallery, at least 3 unaccounted for drunk dudes from the stands and the occasional Papa John.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

IMO he's injured and if it was a regular season game he wouldn't play.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I said it before, the NFL will stop when Brady gets his 666th SB-ring.

Didn't even really watch the game. Called it Superrefbowl and had it running in the background.

This was a typicial experience wins games game.

Makes the PI from the Saints game only worse.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
I was rooting for the Patriots.

Enjoyed the game.

There was a Bubly commercial that was a ripoff of a Stan Freberg radio commercial for Manishewitz Rose but Frieberg's was actually funny.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Based on figures from overthecap.com the Giants have around $28 million in cap space. They need to reserve $9-10 million for draft picks. Collins contract will probably have a $9-10 million cap hit (not sure)? Maybe they tag him but that's even worse for the cap. That would leave $9-10 million to work with for the rest of the offseason unless they get cap relief from Manning, Vernon or Jenkins. Unless they trade OBJ.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Collins is an obvious franchise tag, it doesn't matter what he's doing with his locker.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I am seeing on Twitter this either didnt happen or didnt go down like this.

They will tag him
Collins himself responded to a tweet that he hadn't cleaned out his locker:

Whether he gets franchised or not, he isn't happy, apparently.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I hope the giants go get Justin Houston if all it takes is a 4th.
Probably about what it’d take

He was good last year but I’d be a bit worried about him losing a step + he’s had nagging injuries for most of his career. Giants would be taking on about ~15M in cap in a trade for him as well. There’s a reason we’re trying to move him - frankly, I’m kinda surprised we may get some value out of him, I was expecting a straight up cut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad