OT: OT: 2018 Football Thread III: Well, the Giants suck, anyway!

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Probably about what it’d take

He was good last year but I’d be a bit worried about him losing a step + he’s had nagging injuries for most of his career. Giants would be taking on about ~15M in cap in a trade for him as well. There’s a reason we’re trying to move him - frankly, I’m kinda surprised we may get some value out of him, I was expecting a straight up cut.

This team is desperate for a pass rusher.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Interested to see how the Todd Gurley narrative plays out.

Highest paid RB in football history touched the ball 15 total times between the NFC championship game and the Super Bowl.

Your highest paid RB ever having arthritis in his knee is probably not the best follow up to a Super Bowl loss.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
So, if the Cardinals take Murray and make Rosen available, should the Giants go after him? I heard Peter Schraeger say the cost could be a 2nd and another pick.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
So, if the Cardinals take Murray and make Rosen available, should the Giants go after him? I heard Peter Schraeger say the cost could be a 2nd and another pick.
Lots of chatter now saying that he’s barely worth a third.

And I’d agree with that. Not high on Rosen. Giants would need to improve their o line or it’d probably be more of the same. Rosen is particularly immobile, especially for a QB nowadays.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If the Giants just let Collins walk, that just seems like poor asset management. I know the tag is steep but I feel like you gotta find a way to get something for him.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Yeah I really don’t understand what the f*** the Giants are doing with Collins. That said, I’m certainly glad he’ll be available. Dude is a perfect fit for the Chiefs, and with Spags we might have an edge in getting him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Giants and the Knicks are in a competition to see who can make the Rangers look better.

The Yankees deserve to move to a new city.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Giants and the Knicks are in a competition to see who can make the Rangers look better.

The Yankees deserve to move to a new city.
And even then, the Yankees have won twice since 2000? Inclusive of 2000 of course. And in that time the Giants have won twice and that's f***ing it. Two baseball teams, two football teams, two hockey teams, a basketball team and then eventually a second basketball team. It's really inexcusable. And this excludes Buffalo and Jersey.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And even then, the Yankees have won twice since 2000? Inclusive of 2000 of course. And in that time the Giants have won twice and that's ****ing it. Two baseball teams, two football teams, two hockey teams, a basketball team and then eventually a second basketball team. It's really inexcusable. And this excludes Buffalo and Jersey.

Not to mention NYCFC are consistently a great team and always lose in the second round, and RBNY are consistently an outstanding team and always lose in the third round.

This city deserves better.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Not to mention NYCFC are consistently a great team and always lose in the second round, and RBNY are consistently an outstanding team and always lose in the third round.

This city deserves better.
The Metrostars are cursed. I've never seen such a snakebitten team in any sport.

If they actually spent the same way Atlanta has (which I have no idea how they're getting around DP rules, but that's another conversation), they'd finally have an MLS Cup.

To me, the Supporters' Shield is the true MLS championship, but it will never be seen that way because of uneven scheduling. It's a matter of time before the MLS and USL enter a relegation/promotion system. It makes too much sense.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I feel sorry for whoever 'reaches' for Metcalf

Vernon Gholston 2.0

His splits on the drills are incredible. He's 85-95 percentile in everything except 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle where he is 2 and 3. Literally got outperformed in those by Tom Brady.

Bob Hayes in a straight line and Larry Donnell if he has to turn.

Reactions: duhmetreE

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
There has to be some stuff re: Collins that we don't know about behind the scenes. It makes zero sense to not tag him.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
f*** the Giants.

Its one thing if you think there are deficiencies in his game but to not trade him and get something for him is outrageous. Truly outrageous. And there is the rumor that KC was making an offer for him during the season makes this more infuriating

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Collins is extremely overrated and I think we get a comp pick out of him walking. Don’t think we’re going nuts in free agency. Think trading Vernon would be the real mistake.

On QBs I think Rosen is a no brained because we keep the 6th pick. Is Haskins or Lock better? I don’t think so. I like all 3 though. Lock probably my favorite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad