OT: OT: 2018 Football Thread III: Well, the Giants suck, anyway!

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Very excited for the Super Bowl to be hyped up as LEGEND coach vs. NEW BLOOD and have the Patriots win some 27-13 snoozer.

Because if there’s one thing the Brady Bowls have in common, it’s that they’re all snoozers. Unlike SB50, XLVIII, XLI, XL, XXXVIII, XXXV, or all those NFC blowouts in the 80’s and 90’s :laugh:

In this century, really only XLIII came close to the median Brady Super Bowl (which would probably be that Panthers second half shootout game).

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Chiefs just fired Buttons, looking for a new DC

Schefter mentioning Rex Ryan, Jets fans pls give me info. @nyr2k2, @jas (i think?)
He was fantastic as the DC in Baltimore. I watched him his whole tenure with the Ravens. He had fantastic talent, certainly, but also got the absolute most out of it. I think they were like fifth or better in total defense every year with him. He's super aggressive, likes safeties that can play in the box, and plays a base 3-4 that operates more like a 4-3. He just has an LB with his hand in the dirt. With the aggressive blitzing, he relies on the CBs to play a lot of man. It's why Revis became such a sensation--he was always on his own with no help, with the safety either playing center field, in the box, or shading to the other side of the field.

As a head coach, he sucked. I mean, that guy was absolutely loved by his players. They would literally run through walls for him. He is a really unique motivator and will squeeze every last bit of talent out of his guys. However--he is a horrible game manager. He had no concept of what to do within two minutes or how to manage the clock in general. He burned an insane amount of unnecessary timeouts. He was the worst person I had ever seen at challenging calls; like, he'd challenge things that, had they been overturned successfully, would have made it third-and-8 instead of third-and-six. Just nonsense stuff. His teams were also pretty undisciplined. He was a "players coach" and his players probably took advantage of it.

Anyway, as a DC I think he could still be great. He's twice the mind of Rob, his more stupid, never-really-successful brother. I think Rex has been away from the spotlight for long enough to let the "circus" stuff subside...the tattoo, the foot thing, generally anything involving his wife, whatever. He could be a great DC. If he hadn't already come and gone from NYJ, I'd totally bring him in.

Reactions: ponzu4u

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Chiefs just fired Buttons, looking for a new DC

Schefter mentioning Rex Ryan, Jets fans pls give me info. @nyr2k2, @jas (i think?)

To add on to @nyr2k2's post. They will become one of the most undisciplined defenses you'll see unless he's changed a little in that regard while away from the game. He's aggressive. You won't see the Chiefs playing back on those 3rd and longs. They will blitz on those plays. And it'll burn them at some time, but he's going to get to the QB.

I'd argue he's perfect going against Brady. He did beat him in NE with that Jets team, so I think he has it in him. He's a finisher though. Once they move on from him, they'll need to revamp the defense and get rid of most of the guys he had.

He does need an elite corner to be at his best, but he can get it done with the rushers that KC has. If they are all in for the next 3 years, he's a perfect hire.

Reactions: nyr2k2

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Thanks, guys. I love the aggressive blitzing mentality he’d bring; I think our defense’s entire focus should be on being aggressive and trying to force turnovers, give Mahomes as many possessions as possible.

The clock management thing is a bummer because I was hoping maybe he’d be able to get on Reid for some of his clock bullshit, but I have no doubt he’d be willing to challenge him on some other things, which I like.

Also our defense is already undisciplined so that won’t be a change lol

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The next man-bun wearing nerd in this bar to use the term 'sports ball' is getting a kick in the nards.

You're not amusing or edgy. You just sucked at athletics in high school.

I'm as much of a nerd as anyone (playing Yu-Gi-Oh as we speak) but there's simply no reason to put anyone's interest in sports down.
This game is like picking between dysentery and tuberculosis.

**** both these teams. But I guess I’d just rather avoid Marcus Peters getting a ring completely so...I guess I hope the Pats win.
It's completely selfish on my part. We beat them twice. I like the idea of being the kryptonite. I like the idea of Superman being 6-3 much better than 5-4.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
I’m a Jets fan and I want the pats to win. I really don’t care if they have one more parade. It’ll shut up all the annoying Steelers fans about most rings and the Rams are the next team to get all the bandwagon fans. Let’s prevent that with a patriots victory tonight.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
When the crockpot dings and your slow-cooked chili is ready

giphy.gif

Reactions: FultonReed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->