OT: OT: 2018 Football Thread III: Well, the Giants suck, anyway!

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Collins is extremely overrated and I think we get a comp pick out of him walking. Don’t think we’re going nuts in free agency. Think trading Vernon would be the real mistake.

On QBs I think Rosen is a no brained because we keep the 6th pick. Is Haskins or Lock better? I don’t think so. I like all 3 though. Lock probably my favorite

You only get a comp pick if you don't sign anyone at his "level". It's a mysterious algorithm based on bullshit. So anyone banking on a comp pick is being foolish. We are likely going to sign a high-priced RT in free agency, which would likely negate the comp pick.

The non-tag of Collins is absolutely moronic after we didn't trade him for a guaranteed pick (we were offered a 3rd rounder which would also be higher than any 3rd round comp pick). It's simply moronic. But that's Gettleman for you.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Landon Collins is too expensive but good thing we traded for Alec Ogletree and have to pay him a lot of money to be bad.

Good thing we keep paying Eli f***ing Manning $23M a year to do . . . whatever it is he does, too.

We can clear out $26M AFTER the dead hits by cutting Manning, Ogletree, and Ellison. We can also move Jenkins and Vernon and increase that number to over $40M in cap space. Anyone who believes Gettleman's "crying poor" bullshit needs to get their head slapped. He's a snake, he's a liar, and he pulled the same shit in Carolina that got him fired.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Collins is extremely overrated and I think we get a comp pick out of him walking. Don’t think we’re going nuts in free agency. Think trading Vernon would be the real mistake.

On QBs I think Rosen is a no brained because we keep the 6th pick. Is Haskins or Lock better? I don’t think so. I like all 3 though. Lock probably my favorite
That part is tough since no one knows the exact method for calculating compensatory free agents and the accompanying picks. But, it is know that they generally can cancel each other out--like if you sign three compensatory free agents (guys who would get their team a comp pick) and lose two of your own, you probably do not receive any compensatory picks. I have no idea what the Giants are going to do in free agency. One of Gettleman's justifications for not tagging Collins was the $11M+ number might impact their free agency plans. Could just be him making shit up, but who knows.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Exactly true. There is literally zero reason to not tag him and then trade him NEXT season or NEXT deadline. This is Gettleman's arrogance, pure and simple.

My thoughts exactly. Thry better use that money perfectly THIS season and prove they needed the space more than a potential trade return or else it's a complete failure. If gettles felt this way last mid season then it's already a failure not to trade him then. He comes out of this, his handling of obj discussion and eli discussion looking like an egotistical dumb dinosaur asshole

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You only get a comp pick if you don't sign anyone at his "level". It's a mysterious algorithm based on bull****. So anyone banking on a comp pick is being foolish. We are likely going to sign a high-priced RT in free agency, which would likely negate the comp pick.

The non-tag of Collins is absolutely moronic after we didn't trade him for a guaranteed pick (we were offered a 3rd rounder which would also be higher than any 3rd round comp pick). It's simply moronic. But that's Gettleman for you.

I don’t see us signing a high priced UfA. Not at Collins level. I think we’ll get a pick. But regardless we should no way be paying Collins 11 plus mil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad