OT: OT: 2018 Football Thread III: Well, the Giants suck, anyway!

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The Jets really need receiving weapons. They have Robby Anderson as a deeper threat and that's it. Darnold isn't a guy with a laser beam arm either, as far as I've seen. Or maybe Bowles' just doesn't play an aggressive downfield offense much. I like Enunwa a lot, but he can't ever stay on the field it feels like(I'm probably exaggerating). And I think he's in a contract year.

Kind of pissed the Jets beat the Bills too. They'd be projected to have the #1 pick right now because San Fran and Oakland both won just week. Piss off, Bills. I wanted Ed Oliver with Leonard Williams.

I'd agree with a WR, but I don't think there's any projected top 10. Top WR is Marquise Brown from Oklahoma, but he's projected more in the 20 range. Maybe they'll trade down for a load of picks and grab a WR.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I'd agree with a WR, but I don't think there's any projected top 10. Top WR is Marquise Brown from Oklahoma, but he's projected more in the 20 range. Maybe they'll trade down for a load of picks and grab a WR.

We'll see. They have a lot of room for turnover. Sadly this isn't a super deep o-line class.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
They need to fire Bowles ASAP and get someone new in there now. Some stability. Free agents don't like instability. They'll have a f***ton of money to spend again, and they could address a lot of holes if Maccagnan wasn't a total dumbass.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
They need to fire Bowles ASAP and get someone new in there now. Some stability. Free agents don't like instability. They'll have a ****ton of money to spend again, and they could address a lot of holes if Maccagnan wasn't a total dumbass.

Who do you think they should hire. I don't think Bowles it he answer, but I don't think it's good either to constantly be overhauling the coaching staff.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Who do you think they should hire. I don't think Bowles it he answer, but I don't think it's good either to constantly be overhauling the coaching staff.
The GM has to go but even if you want to keep Bowles you can't force him on the next guy. The Jets tried that before and it didn't go well.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Tuned into the Jets game out of curiousity. Darnold impressed me.

Didn't matter because the Jets got a first down anyway but was there ever an explanation as to why they didn't challenge that 3rd down placement that was short even though it was incorrect?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There are three offensive coordinators I'd like to explore. DeFillipo from Minnesota, Bieniemy from KC. Then the guy from New Orleans whose name I forget. They say the guy in Tennessee is also someone that will get some attention. I want an offensive guy, though, to be paired with Darnold. We keep hiring defensive guys.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
One more year with this QB play. Blessed.

I'm getting the feeling he will be back. Simply cause, there is no other legit option, that's cheap and good.
A guy like Foles, you'd have to give a big contract to.

This draft overall sucks for QBs. Only one I wanted was Herbert but he likely will the first QB taken.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This draft for the Giants should be all about OLine and Pass Rushers. Wait I say that every year lol.

I really, really, really hope they don't get fooled into thinking this OLine is better than they are.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Today shows you why Shurmur is inevitably going to be fired within 2 years. Once this team is good he will be severely exposed for how clueless he is on the offensive side. He can figure out plans to stop high scoring teams but he’s unable to come up with any effective game plan against a strong defense

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hopefully he can continue it one more week.
So conflicting. Obviously you wanna beat the Patsies but at this point you also want a higher pick. It's like this game, of course I always want to win, but I know it's better if we finish with 4 wins than 5 or 6.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Was the Giant game rigged?

Couldn’t watch, but saw four penalties called against them at key times in the fourth quarter.

Just seems par for the course.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So conflicting. Obviously you wanna beat the Patsies but at this point you also want a higher pick. It's like this game, of course I always want to win, but I know it's better if we finish with 4 wins than 5 or 6.
Not a Jet fan but I understand your point for sure! I just can't stand the Pats basically getting handed two gimmies after losing to the Steelers (no offense to the Jets but lets hope they can prove me wrong next weekend) to end the season. The Pats have basically 6 free wins every season in forever with 3 very weak divisional opponents. They don't deserve the number 2 seed this season in the AFC. On a side not tho I hope Darnold turns into a superstar. the Jets fans deserve it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad