OT: OT: 2018 Football Thread III: Well, the Giants suck, anyway!

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
I still believe in Eli. I want him to be the starter next season. We can win with him. He is not the problem on this team...it's the offensive line, yes, STILL, and a first year coach and an average defense.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Giants don't have to worry about ARI or NYJ but all 3 teams ahead of them now may take a QB. To me its a no brainer, if Oakland is moving on from Carr you go for it. His value cannot be that high if they want to dump him. Give them your first rounder and that's the end of it.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Giants don't have to worry about ARI or NYJ but all 3 teams ahead of them now may take a QB. To me its a no brainer, if Oakland is moving on from Carr you go for it. His value cannot be that high if they want to dump him. Give them your first rounder and that's the end of it.

If they really want Carr so bad just wait for Gruden to cut him. A 1st for Carr would be bananas.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
It will depend on how high the interest is. I really do not want Will Grier at all.

The Giants are not forced into drafting a QB from this weak class. There surely has to be something between tossing away our 6th pick for a college QB we aren't certain of and tossing our 6th pick away for expensive, not that great Derek Carr.

Reactions: JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
The Jets should have the 2 or 3 overall. I would love to find a team looking to move up.

Yep, with any luck move down just a few spots and pick up a 2nd rounder. I think a lot will do with how the OT Williams looks leading up to the draft. I think they can fill the edge rusher void either with Fowler or Clowney in FA. This year's draft unfortunately doesn't line up draft need/draft position.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
This Browns-Ravens game has been awesome. Mayfield may turn out to be the best QB from last year’s draft class.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
He's done, unfortunately so is the Giants's 2019 season looking at this draft class and FA. He will be back.

Schedule for Giants next year also going to be fairly easy in regards to out of division and AFC east games. I think they’ll end up 8-8 or better next year with O line improvement. Probably won’t make playoffs but they’ll need to resort to FA or trades to get their next QB if they don’t do something this spring

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Giants points scored in 4th quarters the last 6 games:
3, 3, 0, 0, 3, 17

The offense disappears when they need to put games away. Defense isn't that great but it makes it a lot harder when we consistently go three and out once opposing D coordinators have a chance to adjust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad