OT: OT: 2018 Football Thread III: Well, the Giants suck, anyway!

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
At halftime I took the Raiders as 3.5 pt underdogs, Broncos as 10.5 and Bengals as 4.5

3 team parlay. 1 dollar sent. 94 bucks won!!!!!!!

Except the bengals lost by 5.

Half. A. Point. Agh

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If Minnesota loses tomorrow the wild card 2 battle is officially on.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Sam Darnold has to be the funniest looking dude I've ever seen in my life. Good thing he's a famous athlete with a mug like that.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Of course the Raiders and Niners won today, which would have put the Jets in the first pick in the draft spot if they had lost.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Either or. The Eagles have the tiebreaker so if they win today they'd have to lose out.

NYG need both of those teams to go 1-3.

I'm looking at the 2nd wild card spot. Carolina is losing. The loser of Seattle-Minnesota is in trouble too.

As I said last week, just imagine if the Giants had competent officiating in the Carolina and Philadelphia games...

They actually BEAT Carolina, but when a team is given a fifth down and a guy makes a kick he'll never make again...

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Wouldnt we want Minnesota to beat Seattle to even things out for both WC spots? Or no?

If Minnesota wins, both they and Seattle get to 7 wins. Minnesota goes to 7-5-1, Seattle 7-6. Seattle would be a game up on everyone at 6-7. Minnesota would have to go 0-3, and Seattle would still have to go 0-3.

Minnesota losing puts them at 6-6-1, half game up on the gaggle at 6-7. Seattle would be 8-5, Giants couldn't catch them anyway. Giants could still catch Minnesota, even if the Vikings win a game.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
If Minnesota wins, both they and Seattle get to 7 wins. Minnesota goes to 7-5-1, Seattle 7-6. Seattle would be a game up on everyone at 6-7. Minnesota would have to go 0-3, and Seattle would still have to go 0-3.

Minnesota losing puts them at 6-6-1, half game up on the gaggle at 6-7. Seattle would be 8-5, Giants couldn't catch them anyway. Giants could still catch Minnesota, even if the Vikings win a game.
Gotcha thanks for clarifying. Makes sense now.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I really really want to see New England slip to that 3rd seed and have to win the AFC on the road.

They have the same record (9-4) as Houston, but have the H2H tie breaker. Need Houston to win out and NE to lose a game.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I know it dropped the Jets a couple spots in the draft order, but it was good to see Darnold come in and engineer a comeback win. A positive turn for the last month of crap.
The Jets already have their presumed franchise QB. Dropping a couple spots in the draft is worth it for the positive experience Darnold is getting.

As a Giants fan, these games are just depressing. Leave it to the Giants to start winning when it doesn't matter anymore.

And don't get me wrong, I watch these games and cheer the team on as hard as I ever have. I won't ever root for them to lose, but it's a tough pill to swallow when your team starts winning after they've all but eliminated themselves from the playoffs with a 1-7 start.

Reactions: klingsor and Nanaki

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Eagles-Dynasty-RIP-e1544441805989.jpg

Around here its like the Superbowl never happened.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
I know it dropped the Jets a couple spots in the draft order, but it was good to see Darnold come in and engineer a comeback win. A positive turn for the last month of crap.
That's exactly what I was thinking yesterday. The kid has had a tough year so far and he needed something positive to happen just to keep his confidence up. The Jets seriously need to get this kid some weapons. They have a horrible offensive line and no receivers can get any sort of separation. Of course he's going to look bad he has absolutely no chance to succeed.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
That's exactly what I was thinking yesterday. The kid has had a tough year so far and he needed something positive to happen just to keep his confidence up. The Jets seriously need to get this kid some weapons. They have a horrible offensive line and no receivers can get any sort of separation. Of course he's going to look bad he has absolutely no chance to succeed.

Do you think they go OT or WR in the 1st round?

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Both are a desperate need. I would go offensive lineman truthfully because that helps out both facets of the game. It's never a sexy pick but it's so hard to find and they don't become available too often. It would even help someone like Robby Anderson because his game takes time to develop. Historically they also love to run the ball a lot so it would open up the play action game if they had more success there. It's really a no brainer. The O-line is the foundation of any offense.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

It's a D-line draft this year.

I would be fine with trading down a bit to recoup some draft picks. They're not one guy away. They need a lot.

If there was that stud OL projected in the top few I would be ok grabbing him, but I don't see that guy this year.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
And don't get me wrong, I watch these games and cheer the team on as hard as I ever have. I won't ever root for them to lose, but it's a tough pill to swallow when your team starts winning after they've all but eliminated themselves from the playoffs with a 1-7 start.

Thing is, nobody has any idea what would have happened if the game in Carolina wasn’t stolen from them.

I seriously doubt they would have been 2-6.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
That Dan bailey blocked field goal just cost me a win in my fantasy football playoffs
Sucks man and I Don't think it was a legal block even though Wagner is a beast of a defensive player. The Seahawks are one of the surprises in the NFL that's for sure.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
McShay's first mock is out on ESPN.

Has the Jets (#4) taking DE Farrell from Clemson. Also makes mention they should trade down, which I agree with. Hopefully someone like the Jags at 7 or Bucs at 8 want to trade up for a QB. Would imagine the Bengals (11) and Skins (13) would be looking for a QB as well.

He has the Giants (#10) taking Dwayne Haskins.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
McShay's first mock is out on ESPN.

Has the Jets (#4) taking DE Farrell from Clemson. Also makes mention they should trade down, which I agree with. Hopefully someone like the Jags at 7 or Bucs at 8 want to trade up for a QB. Would imagine the Bengals (11) and Skins (13) would be looking for a QB as well.

He has the Giants (#10) taking Dwayne Haskins.

The Jets really need receiving weapons. They have Robby Anderson as a deeper threat and that's it. Darnold isn't a guy with a laser beam arm either, as far as I've seen. Or maybe Bowles' just doesn't play an aggressive downfield offense much. I like Enunwa a lot, but he can't ever stay on the field it feels like(I'm probably exaggerating). And I think he's in a contract year.

Kind of pissed the Jets beat the Bills too. They'd be projected to have the #1 pick right now because San Fran and Oakland both won just week. Piss off, Bills. I wanted Ed Oliver with Leonard Williams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad