OT: OT: 2018 Football Thread III: Well, the Giants suck, anyway!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

I read a draft preview by Albert Breer last week, he wrote there isn’t much separating the 4th pick from the 14th pick.

You know the QB’s will be taken high because it’s a major need. Herbert and Lock. Herbert got hurt. It may be time to turn pro and make some money.
Finley. Grier. Jones. Haskins.

The Jets should consider trading down with a team looking at trading up for QB. Move down in the 1st and acquire a 2nd and 1st for the 2020 draft. Create the market.

The Jets could win the Packers game. They are winless on the road. Their playoff hopes are pretty much over at 4-6-1.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I would love to see Pitt beat out NE for the 2nd seed. See NE have to play first round and then win on the road twice for once.

They play each other 12/16. Could be a big game aassuming both teams win out.

Houston has a chance at the 2 seed as well. They have TEN, CLE, Indy, @Jets, @Philly, Jax. 4 home games and only Philly tough on the road.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Jets need to draft some fatties for Darnold. Greg Little?
In the past 10 years, the jets have had 27 picks in the first 3 rounds of which 11 were on offense (4 QBs, 2 OL, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB). Out of all 27 players, the one who has played the most games in the NFL is Vlad Ducasse.

In the last 20 years, the jets drafted a total of 57 players in the first 3 rounds. Of these, 5 were WRs. The most recent was last year's 3rd rounder ArDarius Stewart who was waived at the beginning of the season. You have to go back to Santana Moss and Laveranues Coles for successful picks at WR. They also drafted 7 OL but the last lineman drafted in the first 3 rounds was in 2013.

The Jets need a complete change in their organization philosophy surrounding the draft. I like Adams and Maye as players but safety was not the biggest need in the 2017 draft, certainly not enough to use your 1st 2 picks on safeties. Without a change at the top I don't see any reason to think this will change.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I’m so sad

I said it in the football forum but four hours ago life was great and now our star running back has literally vanished off the team

But honestly I’m more sad because I LOVED Hunt, I think we’ll be fine team wise. Mahomes and Reid are incredible leaders. I ain’t worried.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I bet a LOT on Ohio state. f***ing christ that was hard to sit through. They did everything in their power to f*** me but I still won. f*** them. f*** urban meyer. Cant wait to see Ohio state get left out of the playoffs

Their qb was a god though. Giants could get him maybe. Haskins. Only watched him this game but he was making all the throws, spread the ball around, timing routes, deep balls, the works. Haven't heard his name all year so I'm sure it'd be a horrible reach.

Btw. I got a lot riding on the giants getting beat by 4 sooo they should go do that

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
In the past 10 years, the jets have had 27 picks in the first 3 rounds of which 11 were on offense (4 QBs, 2 OL, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB). Out of all 27 players, the one who has played the most games in the NFL is Vlad Ducasse.

In the last 20 years, the jets drafted a total of 57 players in the first 3 rounds. Of these, 5 were WRs. The most recent was last year's 3rd rounder ArDarius Stewart who was waived at the beginning of the season. You have to go back to Santana Moss and Laveranues Coles for successful picks at WR. They also drafted 7 OL but the last lineman drafted in the first 3 rounds was in 2013.

The Jets need a complete change in their organization philosophy surrounding the draft. I like Adams and Maye as players but safety was not the biggest need in the 2017 draft, certainly not enough to use your 1st 2 picks on safeties. Without a change at the top I don't see any reason to think this will change.
Stephen hill and Jace amaro will quiet all you doubters.

So will Devin smith.

They tried, they just f***ing blow. Still not sure why we dumped tannenbaum. Then again he ain't doing much.

Wasnt mac a draft guru? He f***ing sucks so far

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
This is my order of preference for the Jets in the draft:

1. Nick Bosa
2. Trade down somewhere in the top 6-7 where getting Jonah Williams is still a possibility
3. Jonah Williams at our draft slot
4. Trade down further into the round
5. Greg Little

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If not for Barkley Phillip Lindsay would be the best rookie back in football. Not even drafted or invited to combine.
(he could actually be ahead of Barkley in rushing yards. Not sure how many Barkley has today)

Reactions: Bozle

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I rarely bring stuff like this up, but are these announcers not just rooting for the Bears in the booth?

Just me?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Burkhurdt is an Eagles fan.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Boris Zubov

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

this is depressing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad