OT: OT: 2018 Football Thread III: Well, the Giants suck, anyway!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I have no idea how the Giants lost that game. They completely dominated ever facet of it

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Retire Eli. RETIRE. You f***ing suck.

Watching this guy continually not be able to make quick decisions is a joke. He zeroes in on one target and then panics.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I have no idea how the Giants lost that game. They completely dominated ever facet of it
What game did you watch? Theyre defense is ATROCIOUS. Maybe worst in the league. They were the ones who were dominated.

Jenkins sucks.
Ogeltree sucks.
Vernon, invisible and sucks.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I would be surprised if Shurmur is not fired. Its pretty inevitable he will be next year if it does not happen after this season

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He should be fired for this loss. He basically sat Barkley the second half. I don’t understand what goes on in these guys heads.

Reactions: RGY

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
We lose an extra point, and Eli throws away three points at the end of the half. Not to mention wasting timeouts. At least the silly idea of this team running the table is dead and buried.

I don't blame Eli so much there. That was stupid play calling at the end of that half. You don't need a TD there when you're at the 27. Just run it twice and kick a 30 something yarder

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Eli is legitimately an idiot. How he won two super bowls blows my mind. Im baffled. This f***ing moron forces a ball at the end of the 2nd half when he not only had Saquan WIDE OPEN but we minimum needed 3 points. Then he burns a timeout only to come back and check down which he was going to do anyway. He is a f***ing incompetent idiot.

RETIRE

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Eli is legitimately an idiot. How he won two super bowls blows my mind. Im baffled. This ****ing moron forces a ball at the end of the 2nd half when he not only had Saquan WIDE OPEN but we minimum needed 3 points. Then he burns a timeout only to come back and check down which he was going to do anyway. He is a ****ing incompetent idiot.

RETIRE

Only because made no mistakes at all in either playoff run. He just managed the game well. I think he had 2 INTs total in the 8 games and one was not even his fault.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Saquan had to have been banged up. That can be the only conceivable reason. Has to be. Otherwise Shurmur needs to be fired immediately.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Eli overtook Lou Gerhig as the luckiest man on the face of the earth. Him winning 2 Super Bowls is like winning the Mega-millions twice. The guy would be a 1st overall bust if not for those two wins. Absolute f***ing scrub.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I wanna know who TF actually thought the Giants could possibly run the table.

ClearcutSilentHarrierhawk-max-1mb.gif

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
I do think there's merit to Saquon being dinged up in the second half. He sat an entire series early in the 2nd half.

People won't like it because they want instant results, but this team is still dealing with the fact they're dealing with the skeleton of a paper-thin roster inherited from Reese. Unfortunately it's going to take more than a single off-season to add the depth and talent necessary to see real improvement in this team. And it doesn't help that Gettleman, while doing well in the draft, looks to have whiffed a bit in his free-agent signings.

There were just too many holes - DE, entire O-line, LB, CB, FS, etc. to expect this to get turned around quickly. And as much as I hate to say it, it's not really looking good on the E. Engram front either at this point... You just can't build a modern NFL team via free-agency, and there were way too many early round (or really entire draft) whiffs by Reese over the last 5 years to expect a bad team to be able to turn it around in a single off-season. We've got some legit star pieces, but simply not enough cost-efficient, across the roster, depth to be a competitive team throughout a season.

One thing that scares me is that apparently Gettleman may be just as prone to not trading back in exchange for extra assets as Reese was, as I think that's exactly what we need to look to do in this upcoming draft. IMO, we're not a playoff team next year either, but we do have the chance to set this franchise up for a bright future if we can successfully build with a long term plan in mind. Which may involve waiting on our next QB until next year's draft.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The coaching decisions have been suspect. So incredibly suspect. The play calling is very questionable. So it goes beyond me caring about how the team finished this year. Our defensive players are pathetic. But its the coaching that scares me moving forward even when you get better players. Whether its going for 2 or throwing down field at the end of the 1st half or that we play a zone defense that constantly leaves receivers either wide open or a 1-2 yard gap that leaves for easy receptions, the coaching is inept. I want answers for why Barkley basically sat the 3rd quarter...was he hurt? Betcher and the 3-4 need to be gone

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
For whatever its worth, it seems like Rosas has really improved himself from last year's uncertainty.

He makes basically everything put in front of him which I apparently can't take for granted anymore since this seem to be the year of the bungled kick.

Reactions: TheTakedown

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Doesn’t look like The top 3 picks will change much for the draft.

SF and AZ don’t play each other again and both have tough schedules left. Oakland has KC twice, Denver, Pitt and Cincy left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad