OT: OT: 2018 Football Thread III: Well, the Giants suck, anyway!

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I nailed the under/over for
Bill's
Rams
Browns
Pat's first half

And I got the jets as 9 point underdogs

I had a mix of 1 and 2 dollar parlays that all needed the kc under in order to win.

Nope Gruden and Reid. Two of the most overrated, imbecilic coaches combined to f*** me.

Reactions: RGY

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Jon ****ing Gruden is one of the worst ****ing coaches in the league. 26 secs to halftime and you give up over 55 yards for a td. 3rd and 10 from the 45 and you give up a 45 yard td. That's scheming, discipline and ****ing coaching. **** this overrated idiot. I would likely be converting 7 bucks to around 200 if it wasnt for this mongoloid bungling the under/over. But this stupid ******* is getting 100 mil.

Hope he slips and falls and it's really embarrassing for him. (Yea!)
Dude I could have told you that chiefs -14 was a sketchy ass line

there was no way we were gonna cover with hunt controversy plus usual chiefs/raiders weirdness

thankfully mahomes is jesus so we scraped our way outta there

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Dude I could have told you that chiefs -14 was a sketchy ass line

there was no way we were gonna cover with hunt controversy plus usual chiefs/raiders weirdness

thankfully mahomes is jesus so we scraped our way outta there

Glad you could tell me that. But I didn't take the chiefs at 14. For the third time I took the under! I didn't like it a ton but experts picked it. f***ing sons of bitches prob laid it in there as a "solid bet" to help vegas

Or both Gruden and Reid are just f***ing stupid assholes. I vote for this

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Offsides twice in a row in a game-winning field goal situation. Rough look for Pitt.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Since the bye last season, the Chargers are 15-5.

They still have Baltimore and KC on the road, so I don’t think they’re going to comeback on KC for the West, but they’re an interesting team.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The Patriots on a clear path to the super bowl yet again. With that 2 seed (a bye and at least one home game) if they don't get to the super bowl i would be shocked.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Since the bye last season, the Chargers are 15-5.

They still have Baltimore and KC on the road, so I don’t think they’re going to comeback on KC for the West, but they’re an interesting team.
They have the talent for sure. Injuries have plagued them and they never come up big in the big moment.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Because all bad calls go against the Giants, even when they're not playing...

I don't know if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing with that comment, but if you don't think that Carolina was gifted the game back in October, and the Philadelphia game last week wasn't decided by officiating, I don't know what to tell you.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Giants were 1-7 at one point. To suggest that bad calls swung them there from a potential 6-6 record seems disingenuous about how much this team sucks.
Tbf the real swing would be from 1-7 to 3-5.

I get the sentiment. Bad ref calls should never decide the outcome of games.

I also get the sentiment that the giants were bad enough to deserve most of that blame

Reactions: NCRanger

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I don't know if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing with that comment, but if you don't think that Carolina was gifted the game back in October, and the Philadelphia game last week wasn't decided by officiating, I don't know what to tell you.
Because you're fixated on presumably bad calls that cost the giants while ignoring calls that go the other way.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Tbf the real swing would be from 1-7 to 3-5.

I get the sentiment. Bad ref calls should never decide the outcome of games.

I also get the sentiment that the giants were bad enough to deserve most of that blame

And I don’t disagree that the Giants are absolutely terrible.

That said, the officiating in the Panthers game was an absolute travesty, and giving up a 63 yard field goal isn’t exactly getting “beat”. And, even leaving everything else alone, at 5-7, they’re still in the playoff hunt, as ridiculous as that may be. My point is that most teams in the NFL are awful these days.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
think the Jets should reel in McCarthy?

I'd like anything but another defensive minded coach

Even if the Jets were interested, I doubt he goes to the Jets to answer to the trust fund brothers. Their involvement stifles any chance of better candidates.

I did read somewhere that the Browns were moving in on him. So I doubt the Jets get a chance.

And on one more point. He really struggled the last couple years. Didn't change much, couldn't see that Jones is 10 times the runner that Williams is, bad management. His time could have passed as a top coach.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Even if the Jets were interested, I doubt he goes to the Jets to answer to the trust fund brothers. Their involvement stifles any chance of better candidates.

I did read somewhere that the Browns were moving in on him. So I doubt the Jets get a chance.

And on one more point. He really struggled the last couple years. Didn't change much, couldn't see that Jones is 10 times the runner that Williams is, bad management. His time could have passed as a top coach.

If his concern is meddling ownership and he takes the Browns job over the Jets, he’s a world class moron. The Haslams are the definition of meddling owners.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

what's with that hair, Gordon? it looks like you just got out of the shower :laugh:

word, though. just really want someone who actually knows how to orchestrate a game winning drive and can reiterate it to the team successfully.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
If his concern is meddling ownership and he takes the Browns job over the Jets, he’s a world class moron. The Haslams are the definition of meddling owners.

The Haslems have stepped aside and Dorsey is running the show now in Cleveland. Something the Johnsons should take a hint on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->