OT: OT: 2018 Football Thread III: Well, the Giants suck, anyway!

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
The Giants are not beating the Colts. They have a QB.

Why are people claiming this horrific team will win multiple games?

They barely beat the lousy 49ers. Got bailed out twice by the zebras on the game winning TD drive.

Anyway, it's not important to me whether the Giants finish ahead or behind the Jets. I care that Oakland will be ahead and are taking Herbert.
Jets beat the Colts, the Colts barely beat Jax after giving up 28 points to the Raiders. The Colts are not a good team.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

They barely beat the lousy 49ers. Got bailed out twice by the zebras on the game winning TD drive.

Anyway, it's not important to me whether the Giants finish ahead or behind the Jets. I care that Oakland will be ahead and are taking Herbert.

I mean I'm definitely not claiming they're going to win multiple games. But they aren't the only bad team out there. There's a lot of them. Having OBJ and Barkley gives the potential to steal a game here and there, even if they suck overall.

The Jets on the other hand have zero offensive talent at skill positions, a rookie QB, and a schedule full of good defenses. Gonna be a rough ending.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Jets will trade down to recoup the picks we lost in the Darnold trade and then take the top OL available.

If the Jets finish ahead of the Giants they are at risk for another QB needy team to trade ahead of them.

Denver, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, etc.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Alex Smith just snapped his ankle in half. They wouldn't show the replay once they saw what happened, but I made sure to record it from the rewound TV feed so I could send it to my wife who is unable to watch right now (she's a Washington fan). I'm such a caring husband.

Reactions: RGY

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Alex Smith just snapped his ankle in half. They wouldn't show the replay once they saw what happened, but I made sure to record it from the rewound TV feed so I could send it to my wife who is unable to watch right now (she's a Washington fan). I'm such a caring husband.

and its the 33rd anniversary of theisman snapping his leg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Eagles had the worst loss ever by a defending Super Bowl champion. That's around 800 games worth.

I'm happy as a pig in shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: darko

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I’ve seen a lot of Cooper and I’d agree with that.

Do think he helps a Cowboys a decent amount, though. Not the worst trade they could have made.

I think some team is going to give up big picks for Carr and regret it as well.

I think Gruden is just going to straight cut him. Doing so after this season surprisingly doesn't hook the Not-yet-Vegas Raiders for that much dead cap.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Stats can be deceptive in football 101- Eli is likely to pass 4000 passing yards this season, and if he stays on pace, this will be his best completion % season ever, and one of his top 3 in passer rating.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Yeah, but I'm just giving my opinion.

I would agree that Mayfield prob ends up the best. I just think at this point it's still really early.

He's faced a run of really awful defenses. I'd like to see him over a longer period against a balanced set of opponents.

Jets, Oakland, Baltimore, LAC, TB, PItt, KC, ATL. There's 3 of the bottom 5 worst pass defenses in there.

Darnold faced DET, Miami (2x), Cleveland, Jax, DEN, IND, Minnie, Chicago.

More will depend on the coaching and weapons around them as time goes on though. I'm still up in the air on Darnold. Looks good one minute, looks awful another.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
That mighta been the greatest football game ive ever witnessed
Kind of like watching a baseball game with 15 homers. Fun to watch but highlighting the incongruence between the what we want to watch and our opinion of the NFL's rule changes.

Mahomes with his second 6 TD game this season. Jesus.
Let's not forget his 5 turnovers.

Reactions: FultonReed and bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad